S.F. Proposed Budget Features Nearly $300 Million in Bonds
- LOCAL: Funds for California Gay Post in Doubt. // Advocate;7/23/81, Issue 322, p14
Reports on the approval of an amendment eradicating funds for a state personnel board position designed to eliminate discrimination against gay state employees in California. Efforts of completing the state budget proposal; Amount of the funds withdrawn; Criticism expressed by Assembly Speaker...
- Gov's power play annoys legislative leaders. Friday, Wayne // Bay Area Reporter;12/25/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 52, p9
Comments on political issues in California. Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's invocation of emergency budget powers; Presentation of San Francisco outgoing Mayor Willie Brown's bust to the city and county of San Francisco and the San Francisco Arts Commission.
- Mayor Brown? Howard, Lucy; Koehl, Carla // Newsweek;3/20/1995, Vol. 125 Issue 12, p6
Speculates on whether California's Democratic state Assembly speaker Willie Brown will run for mayor of San Francisco in 1995. His odds of winning, according to party pros.
- Willie Brown: A Gifted Politician From The Good Old Days. Remmers, Jerry K. // Moderate Voice;8/22/2010, p11
The article features San Francisco, California Mayor Willie Brown and his political career as member and Speaker of the California state Assembly.
- San Francisco Mayor Willie Brown bans casual dress for staff at city hall. // Jet;2/26/96, Vol. 89 Issue 15, p33
Reports on San Francisco Mayor Willie Brown's policy concerning casual dress for his city hall staff.
- California: Could Willie still reign? // Human Events;12/2/94, Vol. 50 Issue 46, p8
Comments on the position of California speaker, Willie Brown. Republican performance in the state assembly elections; Brown's position in relation to California's 1991 adoption of term limits.
- Hell on wheels. Bowers, Michelle; Doheny, Kathleen // Shape;Sep98, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p24
Reports that Mayor of San Francisco, California, Willie L. Brown Jr., made the decision in 1998, to repaint faded bike lanes and investigate the provision of additional lanes. Complaints which bicyclists in San Francisco have; Reference to Critical Mass, a monthly bike ride; Comments from Dave...
- San Francisco's Willie Brown wins again. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;12/16/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30789, p3
Reports on the reelection of San Francisco, California Mayor Willie Brown. Runoff election between Willie Brown and Tom Ammiano; Success of the campaign of Brown.
- Local Dems aid Willie Brown. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;10/21/95, Vol. 86 Issue 42, p6
Reports on the fundraising activity in New York City, New York, to support California State Assembly Speaker Willie Brown's mayoralty campaign in San Francisco.