N.Y.C. Council, Mayor Wrangle Over Tax Cuts and Spending
- New York City's Giuliani proposes saving surplus for darker days. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;01/30/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30321, p3
Reports on New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani's proposed saving of the budget surplus to help manage future cash shortfalls and for tax cuts aimed at creating jobs. Aim of safeguarding the city's fiscal health while providing private businesses strong incentives to build in the city;...
- DCA Slashed $14M in Mayor's Prelim Budget. Armbrust, Roger // Back Stage;02/02/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p3
Reports that the budget plan of New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani would leave minimal support for the Department of Cultural Affairs (DCA). Estimated overall cut to the DCA budget; Budget allocated for the Lincoln Center; Amount of budget cuts received by the Cultural Institutions Group.
- Giuliani's Last Budget: $39.3 Billion. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;01/26/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31065, p1
Reports the proposed budget of Mayor Rudolph Giuliani for fiscal 2002 in New York, New York. Inclusion of school construction in the proposal; Total amount of the preliminary 10-year capital plan; Percentage afforded to educational purposes; Allocation for environmental protection, housing and...
- Painful city budget makes progress toward balance. Townsend, Alair A. // Crain's New York Business;5/1/95, Vol. 11 Issue 18, p9
Opinion. Comments on the measures taken by New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani to balance the city's budget. Projected increase of local taxes and miscellaneous revenues by 1996; Debt service increases; Anticipated budget relief and direct aid from Albany and Washington; Establishment of a...
- Mayor uses cutting words. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;5/1/95, Vol. 11 Issue 18, p38
Reports on New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani's budget proposal for fiscal 1996. Decreased spending; Tax cuts; Funds to be lost by social services, education and health; Giuliani's withdrawal from his plan to reduce taxes for condominiums and cooperative apartments.
- Rudy's final anti-culture, anti-children and anti-poor budget. Tatum, Wilberta A. // New York Amsterdam News;12/6/2001, Vol. 92 Issue 49, p1
Editorial. Comments on the city budget management of Rudy Guiliani of New York. Implications of massive budget cuts; Inadequacy of budget for the homeless; Role of the City Council.
- New York City Council, Mayor Strike Deal on Budget, Tax Cut. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;06/08/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31156, p38
Reports the budget approval for the New York City Council in New York. Comments of Mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani on the budget negotiations; Conditions in the budget negotiations; Reliance of the capital plans on debts.
- City council's budget plan. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;03/30/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30609, p1
Reports on the response of New York City Council to Mayor Rudolph Giuliani's budget proposal for 1999. Sale of bonds; Share of payments from the settlement with tobacco companies.
- N.Y. City Council prepares first budget without Mayor Giuliani's input. Krueger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;06/04/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30407, p7
Cites the New City Council's first attempt to move ahead with a plan to pass its own budget without Mayor Rudolph Giuliani's direct involvement. Expected face off between Giuliani and city council leaders; Plans presented by each camp for the city's budget for the fiscal year that begins on...