Hoping to Recover Bond Payments, Pennsylvania County May Sue First Union
- First Union sued in Florida over $1 noncustomer check-cashing fee. Gillam, Carey // American Banker;7/1/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 124, p4
Focuses on a lawsuit filed against First Union Corporation in a Miami, Florida federal court. Reason for this lawsuit; Details on First Union's violations of state and federal banking laws; Claims made by plaintiff Stephen Stefiuk; Comments made by Gerald Richman, the plaintiff's attorney.
- First Union suit may help define responsibility. Jacobius, Arleen // Pensions & Investments;9/20/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 19, p1
Reports on a lawsuit brought by participants in First Union Corp.'s 401(k) plan. Expected definition of a plan sponsor's fiduciary responsibility for choosing the fund it offers; Filing of suit in United States District Court in Richmond, Virginia. INSET: Service providers aren't concerned.
- Consumers Say Money Store Overcharged. Boraks, David // American Banker;8/24/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 164, p20
Reports on the lawsuits filed against First Union Corp.'s Money Store unit and its subsidiaries. Overcharging of the company on interest and fees on loans.
- First Union sues electronic bill vendor. Prior, Chris // Treasury & Risk Management;Mar2000, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p12
Reports on First Union Corp.'s lawsuit against Secure Commerce Services Paytrust unit in the United States. Privacy issue for online financial services companies; Accusation of Paytrust's `scraping' of confidential customer transaction data from First Union's files and selling them to bank...
- Warehouse Lenders Beware. Sinnock, Bonnie // National Mortgage News;07/31/2000, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p5
Reports on developments concerning the lawsuit filed by First Union Corp. against Pioneer Commercial Funding. Case background; Amount awarded by Philadelphia's Court of Common Pleas to Pioneer.
- First Union wins battle with failed bank. Stohr, Greg // American Banker;5/13/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 91, p27
Reports that the US Supreme Court has refused to consider an appeal of the decision on the lawsuit filed by the trustee for defunct Southeast Banking Corp. against First Union Corp. Trustee's charge of breach of a confidentiality agreement against First Union.
- Bulls & bears. // U.S. Banker;Mar99, Vol. 109 Issue 3, p14
Provides information on the financial performance of several companies in the United States. Deutsche Bank AG's investment in Bankers Trust Corp.; First Union Corp.'s loss in an appellate court decision on a case it filed against Signet Banking Corp.
- Activists sue to block First Union acquisition of First Fidelity. Seiberg, Jaret // American Banker;10/26/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 207, p2
Reports on the Neighborhood Assistance Corp. of America's lawsuit against First Union Corp. in an attempt to derail the bank's acquisition of First Fidelity Bancorp. Opposition to the deal on Community Reinvestment Act grounds.
- British Columbia Court Upholds One-Month Suspension of Teacher for Anti-LGB Letters to Editor. Wintermute, Robert // Lesbian -- Gay Law Notes;Mar2004, p47
Reports on the development of the case "Kepling v. British Columbia College of Teachers. Facts of the case; Merits of the case; Basis for the court's ruling.