Kansas Budget Includes More Bonds for Highways
- Kansas Localities' Suit Seeks Return of $48 Million in Aid. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;12/16/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31533, p4
Reports on the suit filed by Kansas cities and counties in the state's Supreme Court claiming restoration of 48 million dollar that was lost due to reduction in the state budget. Amount of reduction in the state budget by governor Bill Graves; Opposition of the Kansas Association of Counties to...
- Graves Urges No Cuts In Education Spending. Blair, Julie // Education Week;1/23/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 19, p16
Offers a look at Kansas Governor Bill Graves' State of the State Address. Discussion of Graves' budget and tax proposals; Raise in funding for education; Increase of financial aid for needy college students; Suggestion that the state increase taxes on cigarettes, gasoline, and vehicle registration.
- Kansas Governor Signals He Would Consider Tax Hike for Education. Walker, Patrick M. // Bond Buyer;01/11/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31055, p31
Focuses on the plans of Kansas Governor Bill Graves to push for a tax increase to fund education programs for his administration. Details of tax hike proposals; Amount of money needed for education programs in the state.
- WITH FRIENDS LIKE THIS... // Overdrive;Mar2002, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p22
Focuses on the role Governor Bill Graves in enhancing the trucking industry in Kansas. Selection of Graves for the presidency position of the American Trucking Associations; Effectivity of the presidency of Grave; Desire of Grave concerning diesel tax.
- ATA president wants to improve trucking image. // Modern Bulk Transporter;Jul2003, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p31
Reports on the need to improve the image of the trucking industry in the U.S., according to American Trucking Association (ATA) president Bill Graves. Re-affiliation of the National Tank Truck Carriers with ATA; Need to improve trucking services; Aims of ATA.
- Hit the Pavement Running. Schulz, John D. // Traffic World;3/10/2003, Vol. 267 Issue 10, p29
Discusses the efforts of Bill Graves, former Kansas Governor and American Trucking Associations (ATA) president, to revitalize the downsized trade organization without legacy worry. Graves' career background; Legacy in Kansas; Graves' assets not previously owned by past ATA presidents.
- Kansas wraps up session. // State Government News;Jun/Jul99, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p8
Reports that Kansas Governor Bill Graves called the 1999 legislative session a success after it concluded on May 3, 1999. Efforts of the state to help pay for a ten-year transportation program; Other highlights of the session.
- Graves replaces Canary at ATA. Kahaner, Larry // Fleet Owner;Feb2003, Vol. 98 Issue 2, p9
Reports on the appointment of former Kansas Governor Bill Graves as president and chief executive officer of the American Tracking Associations. Backgrounds in education and civil service; Transportation management experience.
- DOT, FMCSA must act to establish a national clearinghouse for drug, alcohol test results. // Bulk Transporter Exclusive Insight;7/3/2012, p5
The article deals with a letter sent by American Trucking Associations President and chief executive officer (CEO) Bill Graves to U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood, calling on the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration and Department of Transportation to make real progress toward a...