Market Looks to Jobs, NAPM Data
- Region's economy expanding. Harrison, Sheena // Crain's Detroit Business;7/4/2005, Vol. 21 Issue 27, p2
The article reports that metro Detroit, Michigan's economy is expanding. The National Association of Purchasing Management, along with Lawrence Technological University, releases a monthly business index that tracks new orders, production, employment, supplier deliveries and inventories. The...
- Chicago PMI 49.7 in Oct., Down From 54.2 in Sept. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;11/1/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32746, p43
The article reports on the data released by the National Association of Purchasing Management in Chicago, which indicates that its Business Barometer contracted to 49.7 in October from 54.2 in September 2007 in Illinois. There is a rise in the price-paid index to 74.7 from 59.0 while the...
- Non-Manufacturing NAPM Index Falls. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;01/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31051, p2
Reports on the decline in the National Association of Purchasing Management's non-manufacturing business activity composite index in the United States in December 2000.
- NAPM services index at 62.5% in March. // Bond Buyer;04/06/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30613, p2
Reports on the performance of the National Association of Purchasing Management's non-manufacturing business activity index in March 1999 in the United States.
- NAPM April index declined to 52.8%. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;05/04/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30633, p2
Reports that the National Association of Purchasing Management's April 1999 composite index has declined to 52.8% from 54.3% in March 1999.
- NAPM's Dec. index down to 45.1%. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;01/05/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30551, p2
Focuses on the decline in the National Association of Purchasing Management's index of economic indicators in the United States in December 1998. Rise in new orders index; Decrease in employment index; Drop in production index.
- Chicago PMI Slips to 59.6 in January from 60.8 in December. Siegel, Gary // Bondbuyer.com;2/1/2014, p9
The article reports on the Chicago Purchasing Managers' Business Barometer which dropped to 59.6 in January 2013 from 60.8 in December 2013, according to data from the National Association of Purchasing Management-Chicago of Illinois.
- Chicago PMI Drops to 62.6 in June from 65.5 in May. Siegel, Gary // Bond Buyer;7/1/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34135, p1
Statistics are presented related to U.S Purchasing Managers' Index as of June 2014 reported by the National Association of Purchasing Management-Chicago and market analyst Thomson Reuters including expansion of employment, rise in orders and production and negative impact on business activity.
- NAPM-NY BCI Up to 421 From 416.8 in August. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;10/2/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32478, p48
The article reports that New York business conditions index in the National Association of Purchasing Management-New York's Report on Business has increased in September to 421.0 from 416.8 in August 2006. The outlook of the report's index slipped to 75.0 from 81.3, while the current conditions...