Illinois Shaving Budget
- Illinois Gov. Ryan's Budget Calls for Tobacco Funds to Back High-Tech Debt. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;02/22/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31082, p3
Reports on the fiscal 2002 state budget proposal for Illinois unveiled by Governor George Ryan. Use of tobacco settlement funds to cover debt service for high technology research facilities; Issuance of a state revolving fund bonds.
- Job Cuts, Not Taxes. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/20/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31328, p32
Reports on Illinois governor George Ryan's proposed fiscal budget for the year 2003. Number of jobs proposed to be cut in the budget; Amount of reductions made in the budget compared to the previous one; Reasons for these cuts.
- Saving Gov. Ryan's budget: keep promises, limit debt. // Crain's Chicago Business;02/22/99, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p10
Remarks on the state budget of Illinois Governor George Ryan. Absence of plans on how to implement budget priorities for education, road improvements and other projects.
- ILLINOIS: Opening the Floor. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/9/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31300, p29
Presents views of Illinois house speaker Michael Madigan on reductions in budget plan proposed by governor George Ryan. Extent of reductions proposed by Ryan.
- Illinois governor wants to finally save for rainy day. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;02/03/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30821, p3
Reports on Illinois Governor George Ryan's statement that the state should use its 2000 tobacco settlement payment to establish a budget reserve in case of an economic downturn. Release of the fiscal 2001 state budget; General obligation borrowing; Investment of tobacco proceeds to be received.
- Illinois Governor Calls for Consolidation of State Conduit Authorities. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;02/01/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31068, p33
Discusses the proposal made Illinois Governor George Ryan that the state's conduit bonding agencies be consolidated into one financing authority. Benefits cited in having a singular authority; Bureau of the Budget officials' disclosure of having discussed the issue with rating agency analysts;...
- Illinois Governor's Bond Proposals Find Little Support in Legislature. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;
Reports on the lack of legislative support given to Illinois Governor George Ryan's two major bond-related reform proposals. Ryan's proposed consolidation of 16 of the state's conduit issuers; Restructuring of the state's outstanding toll debt.
- Illinois' Ryan Offers $53B Budget With Up to $6B in Pension Bonds. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/21/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31329, p3
Reports on the Illinois Governor George Ryan's offer for budget for fiscal year 2003. Expenditure plan of the budjet; Plan to sell the taxable pension bonds; Possibility of revenue growth of the state; Steps taken to reduce spending by Ryan.
- Short-Term Plan Won't Fly in Illinois. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/19/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31369, p1
Focuses on the suggestion of governor George Ryan to use short-term borrowing to cover the budget deficit in Chicago, Illinois. Need for a legislative approval to borrow from internal funds; Estimated losses of the government under tax changes in federal economic package; Various stand of...