Univ. of Illinois Plans a $325 Million Smorgasbord of Debt
- Univ. of Illinois ready to ramp up debt with twin offerings. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/1/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30778, p42
Reports on the plan of the University of Illinois to sell over 150 million dollars of bonds to pay for previous building projects. Expansion of the Chicago, Illinois campus of the university; Issuance of auxiliary facilities system revenue bonds.
- Illinois Univ. Plans Taxable COPs for New Energy Plant. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/1/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33176, p3
The article reports on the plan of the Illinois University's board of trustees in Chicago to sell the 85.9 million U.S. dollar of taxable certificates of participation (COP) under the Build America Bond program to finance the construction of an energy plant. Financial adviser John Vincent...
- San Diego plans zeros for massive schools issue. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;04/07/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30614, p4
Focuses on California-based San Diego Unified School District's plan to issue its first series of school bond authorization approved by voters in November 1999. Major reason why the district selected zero-coupon bonds; Certificates of participation program; Plans for the proceeds.
- Competitive Sales Notices. Bourdette, Margaret J. // Bond Buyer;11/17/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33618, p10
The article presents notices for competitive bond sales in the U.S. It offers information on the 2011 school district serials bonds of the Cheektowaga-Maryvale Union Free School District of Erie County, New York. It invites bids for the purchase of 2011 Certificates of Participation being...
- UIC private-sector pitch. Strahler, Steven R. // Crain's Chicago Business;5/27/96, Vol. 19 Issue 22, p3
Reports on the University of Illinois (UIC) at Chicago's efforts to lure private projects to jump-start an expansion of its Near West Side campus. Skepticism about the strategy's viability; Possible community-group opposition; Potential competition with existing enterprises; University's...
- Feds should back UIC's bid for bioterrorism lab. // Crain's Chicago Business;12/23/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 51, p10
Reports on the need to support the bioterrorism research laboratory at University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC). Benefits of the research laboratory; Addition of jobs in the economy; Need to ensure safety and security of a bioterrorism laboratory.
- Honorable mention. // American School & University;Aug96, Vol. 68 Issue 12, p63
Features the interior design of University of Illinois's student center and service areas located at Chicago, Illinois. Centralized student-service departments; Transforming a 30-year old interior mall; Student Services Building; Atria.
- Renovation addresses campus deterioration. // American School & University;Oct96, Vol. 69 Issue 2, p12
Reports that the final elements of the University of Illinois at Chicago's $8.7 million campus redesign are almost complete. Renovation of deteriorating buildings to create a more enjoyable environment; Replacement of dominant concrete structures and paths with open areas; Demolition of the...
- Small schools. // Education Week;9/27/95, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p8
Announces the release of the report, `Small Schools: The Numbers Tell a Story,' by the Small Schools Workshop at University of Illinois-Chicago.