Those Who Demand `Show Me the Security' Should Look to Munis
- Signs of Credit Deterioration Worrisome. Cornwell, Ted // National Mortgage News;7/23/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 42, p1
Focuses on the impact of a slowing economy on mortgage-backed securities in the United States. Concerns on the residential mortgage market; Delinquencies in home equity loans; Downgrade of existing mortgage lending.
- Maine's drinking water, capital reserve to get boost from bond bank issue. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;08/13/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30456, p3
Discusses the Maine State Housing Authority's issuance of mortgage purchase bonds for its single-family and multifamily loan programs. Maine Municipal Bond Bank's preparation to bring $5 million of drinking water and sewer bonds to market; Authority's outstanding debts; Fund balance of mortgage...
- Bond issuers will be sitting pretty even if recession strikes, analysts say. Ulick, Jake // Bond Buyer;07/07/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30429, p34
Reports that municipal bond insurers in the United States are confident that they will be able to weather the next recession. Absence of defaults in the municipal bond markets even during a downturn; Rationale behind Berkshire Hathaway Inc.'s acquisition of General Re Corp.; Effects of falling...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, March 20. // Bond Buyer;03/20/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30852, p2
Presents information on the municipal bond market in the United States as of March 20, 2000. Includes municipal bond deals; Economic indicators.
- Second-quarter turnaround dissected by fund managers. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;07/15/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30187, p1
Focuses on the turnaround of municipal bond funds in the American market since the start of the second quarter of 1997. Yield on the 30-year Treasury bond; Long bond's drop to 6.78%; Dow Jones industrial average; Dormant inflation; Economy's signs of moderation; Portfolio managers' optimism over...
- Municipals end 1/8-1/4 higher as investors pursue new supply. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;11/4/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30762, p2
Reports on developments related to the municipal bond market in the United States as of November 4, 1999. Improvement in bid for bonds; Factors affecting the market.
- Results of negotiated sales. Tracey, Yvonne; Roggio, Lillian // Bond Buyer;11/4/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30762, p12
Presents information on the results of negotiated sales of municipal bonds in the United States as of November 4, 1999. Includes names of states; Details of the bond issues; Amounts.
- Results of competitive sales. Anderson, August; Cruz, Judy; Singh, Rita // Bond Buyer;11/4/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30762, p14
Presents information on the results of competitive sales of municipal bonds in the United States as of November 4, 1999. Includes names of bond issuers; Details of the bond issues; Amounts.
- Bond calls & redemptions. // Bond Buyer;11/4/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30762, p18
Presents information on municipal bond calls and redemption in the United States as of November 4, 1999. Includes names of bond issuers; Details of the bond issues.