Those Who Demand `Show Me the Security' Should Look to Munis
- Signs of Credit Deterioration Worrisome. Cornwell, Ted // National Mortgage News;7/23/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 42, p1
Focuses on the impact of a slowing economy on mortgage-backed securities in the United States. Concerns on the residential mortgage market; Delinquencies in home equity loans; Downgrade of existing mortgage lending.
- Maine's drinking water, capital reserve to get boost from bond bank issue. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;08/13/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30456, p3
Discusses the Maine State Housing Authority's issuance of mortgage purchase bonds for its single-family and multifamily loan programs. Maine Municipal Bond Bank's preparation to bring $5 million of drinking water and sewer bonds to market; Authority's outstanding debts; Fund balance of mortgage...
- Bond issuers will be sitting pretty even if recession strikes, analysts say. Ulick, Jake // Bond Buyer;07/07/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30429, p34
Reports that municipal bond insurers in the United States are confident that they will be able to weather the next recession. Absence of defaults in the municipal bond markets even during a downturn; Rationale behind Berkshire Hathaway Inc.'s acquisition of General Re Corp.; Effects of falling...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, March 20. // Bond Buyer;03/20/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30852, p2
Presents information on the municipal bond market in the United States as of March 20, 2000. Includes municipal bond deals; Economic indicators.
- Second-quarter turnaround dissected by fund managers. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;07/15/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30187, p1
Focuses on the turnaround of municipal bond funds in the American market since the start of the second quarter of 1997. Yield on the 30-year Treasury bond; Long bond's drop to 6.78%; Dow Jones industrial average; Dormant inflation; Economy's signs of moderation; Portfolio managers' optimism over...
- From the TM3 wire. Gallo, Pete; Nicholson, Jonathan // Bond Buyer;01/09/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30307, p2
Presents developments in the municipal bond market and the economy in general in the United States as of January 8, 1998. J.P. Morgan & Co.'s winning bid for the Alabama Water Pollution Control Authority bond deal; US Federal Reserve governor Laurence Meyer's anticipation of an economic...
- From the TM3 wire. Rannazzisi, Julie; Nicholson, Jonathan; Graney, Brian // Bond Buyer;01/14/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30310, p2
Presents developments related to the municipal bond market and the economy in general in the United States as of January 13, 1998. Planned $290 million offering by the Brazos River Authority in Texas; Decline in real weekly earnings of workers in December 1997; US Treasury Secretary Robert...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Sanchez, Humberto; Floyd, Daniel F.; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;03/30/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31108, p2
Presents news briefs concerning the United States economy and the municipal bond market, as of March 30, 2001. Drop in number of first-time applications for state unemployment benefits; Rise in the 2000 fourth-quarter gross domestic product; U.S. Treasury Department's completion of a debt...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, June 18. // Bond Buyer;6/19/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31163, p2
Presents information on the municipal bond market in the United States as of June 18, 2001.