Spokane Bondholders May Get Some Help
- Loan prices fall, but legal fees thwart savings. Goldblatt, Jennifer // American Banker;11/25/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 226, p24
Discusses legal expenses connected with the processing of bank loans. Range of legal expenses on a $1 million loan; Comments from bankers on the issue; Suggestions for controlling bank legal fees.
- Lenders should hike not slash proc fees. Farr, Richard // Mortgage Strategy;4/28/2008, p20
The author reflects on the increase of procurement fees instead cutting it down. He stresses that there is an argument to increase proc fees, because lenders do not have the capacity to service the market and it would take time and big amount for them to add sufficient capacity in terms of...
- Decline in Securities Lending Impacts Fees at Northern Trust in Q3. Du Chenne, Janet // Global Custodian News;2013, p111
Third quarter securities lending declines at Northern Trust impact overall fees, but analysts forecast growth on the back of ATP and Bridgewater mandate wins.
- Be 100% sure of your mortgage. Styles, Dermot // World of Irish Nursing & Midwifery;Sep2005, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p55
The article focuses on the launch of 100% mortgage loans in Ireland. Booking deposits of buyers can be recovered under the loan. Stamp duty, legal fees and furnishing costs cannot be recovered under the mortgage loan. Banks that offer 100% mortgages have imposed stricter lending criteria.
- Saving Time--Inviting the Odious Answer to Disappear. Bergman, Bruce J. // Mortgage Banking;Apr2008, Vol. 68 Issue 7, p101
The article presents an analysis on the effects of mortgage foreclosure case and litigation process. It is expressed that the servicer might absorb the interest cost and legal fees incurred in the process, and the litigation increases the likelihood of deficiency. The judgment creditor and his...
- Litigation Finance Ethics: Paying Interest. Kreder, Jennifer Anglim; Bauer, Benjamin A. // Journal of the Professional Lawyer;2013, p1
The article discusses the standards for lawyers borrowing money for financial litigation and passing such costs and loan interests to their clients. It explores the development of legal ethics rules and also reviews the requirements for lawyers to pass litigation costs. The need for lawyers to...
- Enact slashes legal fees 25%. Thickett, Robert // Mortgage Strategy;12/8/2008, p11
The article focuses on the move of Enact to reduce its legal fees by 25% to Â£75 as part of its Christmas offer to brokers for all remortgage cases in Great Britain. Enact said that the discount is designed to ease the financial pressure faced by many brokers as the credit crunch takes its...
- $500 Million Legal Tab. Turner, Karen M. // ABA Journal;Nov90, Vol. 76 Issue 11, p29
Reports that the U.S. government's legal bill for the bailout of failed financial institutions is expected to reach $500 million in 1990. Amount that the U.S. Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. is expected to recover from the situation; Bailout legal fees paid by the government in the first half...
- California Pros Shift Priority to Fed Regs. Finkelstein, Brad // Origination News;Sep2011, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p1
The article reports on the priority of members of the California Association of Mortgage Professionals (CAMP) to focus their efforts on regulation and legislation of mortgage origination activity.