After Surviving Merrill Cuts, Franklin Leaves for Goldman
- Goldman Thinking Small in Asia. // American Banker;6/5/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 107, p20
Reports on Goldman Sachs Group Inc. attempt to identify Asia's next generation of billion-dollar companies. Efforts to reduce their fees from clients as well as the paring of the Asian client list by two-thirds; How working with smaller clients will assist Goldman's investment bankers.
- A BOTTOM FOR THE MAGAZINE INDUSTRY? Wirth, Gregg // Investment Dealers' Digest;2/25/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 8, p52
Features the business plan of Goldman Sachs to funds its own magazine unit in the United States. Comments of the media analysts and bankers on Goldman plan; Leverage of the start-up money; Struggles of Goldman on publishing icon for venture.
- In Tumultuous year for Goldman, Investment Bankers Hold sway. Keegan, Jeffrey // Investment Dealers' Digest;01/25/99, Vol. 65 Issue 4, p22
Focuses on Goldman Sachs & Co.'s investment bankers who are said to have singlehandedly kept the partnership on track despite a tumultuous year in 1998. Bankers' production of results in the firm's mergers-and-acquisitions advisory business; Firm's picking up of six Deal of the Year awards;...
- Goldman Plucks M&A Execs from Warburg. // American Banker;8/11/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 154, p2
Reveals that Goldman Sachs Group has hired Peter Kiernan and Luca Ferrari as mergers and acquisitions bankers from UBS Warburg. The appointment of Kiernan to the position of managing director to develop Goldman's client relationships in the Great Britain; Ferrari's appointment as a vice...
- Carb free with Corzine. Mannix, Margaret; Smart, Tim; Benjamin, Matthew // U.S. News & World Report;2/16/2004, Vol. 136 Issue 6, pEE14
Interviews New Jersey Democratic Senator Jon Corzine. Discussion of his low-carbohydrate South Beach Diet; His time at Goldman Sachs investment bank; Report that he bid to buy the New Jersey Nets basketball team.
- Good news/Bad news. // Estates Gazette;3/21/2009, Issue 911, p46
This section offers news briefs on the British property sector. Loans are being offered to investment bankers who put money in Goldman Sachs' investment funds. About 1,000 members of Goldmans staff got an e-mail from the bailed-out bank offering them loans. Meanwhile, homeowners saw a 68% rise...
- Networking lessons. Duckworth, Connie; McLean, Bethany // Fortune;11/10/2003, Vol. 148 Issue 10, p192
Presents an interview with Connie Duckworth, one of the first women partners at investment banking firm Goldman Sachs, on networking and mentoring. Duckworth's view that networking is the glue of all business; Her views on the quid pro quo system used by men; Her advice to younger people to...
- Morgan, Other Houses Show Profits. // National Mortgage News;10/4/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p8
Reports on the financial performance of investment bankers in the United States for the third fiscal quarter ended August 31, 2004. Net income of Morgan Stanley and Co. Inc.; Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc.'s net income; Net income earned by Goldman Sachs Group Inc.
- Wall St. Conduit Plans Heat Up. Muolo, Paul // National Mortgage News;8/16/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 46, p1
Reports that Goldman Sachs & Co. is expected to unveil its nonconforming mortgage conduit in September in the U.S. Consideration of the investment banker to buy a servicing platform; Intention of the company to purchase subprime and alt-A loans from funders; Rumors that CS First Boston Inc. was...