Peg Henry Joins Municipal Securities Office
- Laura Unger Named Acting Chair of SEC. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;02/13/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31076, p6
Announces the appointment of Laura Unger as acting chairwoman of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Career background; Primary focus at the SEC.
- Beller Named to Succeed Martin at SEC's Corporate Finance Division. // SCOR Report;Dec2001, Vol. 8 Issue 14, p3
Reports on the appointment of securities lawyer Alan L. Beller to succeed David Martin as director of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission's Division of Corporate Finance effective January 14, 2002. Duties assigned to Beller; Career background of Beller.
- Lindsey Hire. // Traders Magazine;Feb99, Vol. 12 Issue 148, p6
Reports that Richard Colby, deputy director of market regulation at the United States Securities and Exchange Commission is likely to succeed Richard Lindsey as the top enforcer of the agency. Reason of Lindsey for stepping down; Other candidates for the position.
- New SEC Chief Accountant. // Practical Accountant;Nov2001, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p30
Announces the appointment of Robert K. Herdman as chief accountant at the United States Securities and Exchange Commission.
- YOU'RE HIRED! JUST NOT YET. Birnbaum, Jeffrey H. // Fortune;4/28/2003, Vol. 147 Issue 8, p40
Reports on the difficulty of hiring United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) investigators. Bureaucratic steps which must be taken before one may be hired; Congressional approval to raise the SEC budget for its law and accounting office; Its efforts to appeal to Congress to make...
- SEC Names New Deputy Regional Director. // Bond Buyer;05/29/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31148, p44
Announces the appointment of Glenn S. Gordon as deputy regional director of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission's Southeast regional office in Miami, Florida. States covered by the office; Career history of Gordon.
- NASD's Elisse Walter, Others Considered for SEC Seats. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;8/8/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31198, p4
Reports on the persons being considered for a seat on the United States Securities and Exchange Commission. Elisse B. Walter; Sander Bieber; Peggy Foran; Consuela Washington.
- Oxley: High Bar Set For Finding Pitt's Successor. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;11/8/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31509, p5
Reports on the search for the successor of U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission chairman Harvey Pitt. Comments by Michael Oxley, House Financial Services Committee chairman, on works of Pitt.
- SEC takes on star Cleary Gottlieb partner as director. // Lawyer;11/26/2001, Vol. 15 Issue 47, p13
Reveals that Alan Beller, a partner from the Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton law firm, has been appointed by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission to be its director of corporation finance. Background of Beller; Reason of the agency for appointing Beller.