Illinois Legislators Finish Session By Passing $50B Fiscal 2002 Budget
- APPROPRIATIONS & STATE BUDGET. Bazan, Thomas J. // First Reading (Legislative Research Unit);Dec2013, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p2
The article presents information on the fiscal year (FY) 2014 operating budget of the state of Illinois, which was passed in seven legislative bills and with a total amount of 68.4-billion U.S. dollar. The budget includes funds for the state's retirement systems, several state agencies,...
- North Carolina debt issuance bills move ahead despite budget gridlock. Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;08/04/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30201, p40
Presents updates on North Carolina's budget plans for the fiscal year which started July 1, 1997 and on its proposed bond issuance. Efforts to finish an $11.4 billion budget; Senate's proposed use of $40 million of the state's $85 million Medicaid fund to pay for general fund expenses.
- Experts: A rainy-day fund for Illinois could mean stronger finances, ratings. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;09/11/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30476, p6
Reports that Illinois could improve its financial condition by creating a state rainy-day fund according to fiscal experts. Saving of millions of dollars in interest payments; Better ratings for Illinois if it had a rainy-day fund; Barry Poulson's criticism against a House bill that would...
- Exploring Menus and Pumping Up Negative Numbers. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/3/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31584, MID WEST p38
Reports on fiscal and economic conditions of Illinois as of March 3, 2003. Estimated budget deficit for fiscal year 2004; Variation in the state's revenue during 1998-2001; Amount of bonds issued in various sectors during 1998-2002.
- Delaware Governor Signs 2004 Budget, $577 Million Bond Bill. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;6/27/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31666, p3
The Delaware General Assembly late Wednesday passed the fiscal 2004 budget and a larger bond bill than governor Ruth Ann Minner had previously requested. The governor signed both the $2.4 billion operating budget and a $577 million bond bill into law yesterday afternoon. The bond bill, which...
- Illinois Inks Budger, Adopts Series of Major Debt Reforms. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/28/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31935, p1
Reports that the state of Illinois has approved its fiscal 2005 budget. Provisions of the state budget legislation; Reform of the public debt management policies of the state; Implications for bonds issued by the state.
- chapter 2: Economic Outlook. // Venezuela Quarterly Forecast Report;2003 1st Quarter, p10
Looks at the economic prospects facing Venezuela in 2003. Performance of the oil sector in 2002; Prediction on gross domestic product growth; Problems with the 2003 budget bill; Potential drawback of Venezuelan bonds.
- Still Waiting in Wisconsin. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/24/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32740, p1
The article reports on the approval of the proposed $57.2 billion compromise budget for fiscal 2008-2009 by Wisconsin Legislature on October 23, 2007. The budget includes a cigarette tax increase and other fee hikes sought by Democrats but removes several others opposed by Republicans. It also...
- Wisconsin's Proposed $1B Capital Budget Heavy on the GOs. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/23/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32096, p30
Reports on the reliance of Wisconsin's proposed $1 billion fiscal 2006-07 capital budget on $715 million of new general obligation borrowing to pay for building projects. Approval by the state Building Commission of the capital spending plan; Inclusion of the 45,000-square-foot Wisconsin...