Cowboys' Owner Wants Bonds for Stadium
- Yeeeeee-haaaah! Ballard, Chris // Sports Illustrated;9/28/2009, Vol. 111 Issue 12, p18
The article discusses Cowboys Stadium, the football stadium for the Dallas Cowboys football team located in Arlington, Texas. The stadium is the largest and most expensive ever constructed in the National Football League, costing over $1 billion. Cowboys owner Jerry Jones states it will have a...
- How 'Bout That Stadium? Lacayo, Richard // Time;9/28/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 12, p52
The article discusses Cowboys Stadium in Dallas, Texas, owner Jerry Jones, the stadium's possible excesses, and the prospect of it being a model for the future. The so-called JumboTron suspended from the stadium ceiling is noted. Jones' philosophy for giving more National Football League (NFL)...
- A vision for the '90s--and beyond. Wilner, Barry // Football Digest;Jun96, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p54
Profiles the owner of the Dallas Cowboys, Jerry Jones. Criticism against Jones for firing former coach Jimmy Johnson; Why coach Jimmy Johnson was fired; Comments from team members on their owner; Statements by Johnson; Career achievements of team; Public perception of the Dallas Cowboys; Views...
- America's owner. Whitford, David // Inc.;Dec93, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p102
Profiles Jerry Jones, owner of the Dallas Cowboys and winner of the 1993 `Inc.' Master Entrepreneur of the Year award. How Jones ended up buying not only the team but Texas Stadium too; The final price; His exit strategy; How Jones turned the Cowboys from a 1-and-15 flop into the 1993 Super...
- Dallas Cowboys Jerry Jones. Jensen, Jeff // Advertising Age;6/24/1996, Vol. 67 Issue 26, pS28
Reports on the success of Dallas Cowboys football team owner Jerry Jones' marketing campaign for the team. Exploitation of the marketing potential of the Cowboys; Jones' claiming of marketing-related revenues from the National Football League.
- King Cowboy. Deford, Frank // Vanity Fair;Nov93, Vol. 56 Issue 11, p110
Profiles Arkansas millionaire and oilman Jerral Wayne Jones, owner of the Dallas Cowboys football team. Management philosophy; Appointment of Jimmy Johnson as head coach; Performance of the team in the 1990 season; Background information on Jones; College football highlights; Change in public...
- Dallas Cowboys. Spagnola, Mickey // Sporting News;01/18/99, Vol. 223 Issue 3, p24
Provides an update on the Dallas Cowboys football team as of January 18, 1999. Status of the team; Suggestions for owner Jerry Jones; Cap values of several free agents.
- Men will be boys. Witteman, Paul A.; Woodbury, Richard // Time;
Examines the tensions that found Jimmy Johnson, who coached the Dallas Cowboys to two Super Bowl victories, out of a job last week. Cowboys owner Jerry Jones; Why there was contention between Johnson and Jones; Comments by both men; The part that old-fashioned hubris, envy and ego play in...
- Cowboys for sale. Hoffer, Richard // Sports Illustrated;9/18/95, Vol. 83 Issue 12, p61
Focuses on Jerry Jones as owner of the football team Dallas Cowboys. Striking a deal with Nike Inc. to display its swoosh logo in Texas Stadium; National Football League executives' reaction to Jones's activities; Jones threatening of the revenue sharing of the league.