MSRB Asks for Dealer Feedback On Revising, Easing Rule G-37
- SEC Seeks Comment On Proposed Report. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;07/25/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30939, p4
Cites the United States Securities and Exchange Commission's plans to begin seeking comments on a Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board proposal to offer a monthly report that contains pricing and other information on all municipal securities traded during the previous month.
- MSRB Seeks Comment on Proposed Rule Change for E-Submission. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;09/20/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30979, p28
Reports on the United States Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's proposal to change its Rule G-36 to allow dealers to electronically submit official statements and advance refunding documents to the board. Major issues that need to be resolved; Requirements under Rule G-36.
- NASD's Northam warns firms of possible monetary sanctions. Hume, Lyn // Bond Buyer;11/01/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30759, p1
Reports on the possible monetary sanctions to municipal dealers failing to send accurate trade data and timely official statements to the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB). Compliance with MSRB Rule G-14; Some improvements in reporting municipal trade data in the United States.
- MSRB issues warnings on Y2K compliance, board rules. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;05/27/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30401, p4
Discloses that the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board has issued a notice warning broker-dealers that they are required under Rules G-27 and G-29 to keep current on board rules and to make those rules available to the firm's municipal securities professionals and to customers. Other warnings...
- Changes in Pricing Policies. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;10/6/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31984, p1
Reports on the alteration of the pricing practices for municipal securities by the broker-dealer firms in Washington. Compliance to the guidance issued by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board; Allegation of pricing violations; Responsibility of the broker-dealers for ensuring retail...
- Next phase of MSRB pricing program begins. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;03/02/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30341, p4
Focuses on the start of the next phase of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's (MSRB) price transparency program in the United States on March 2, 1998. Need for dealers to send MSRB pricing and other information from their trades with institutional and retail customers; Concerns about...
- MSRB Issues Plan to Move To Real Time. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;05/29/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31148, p1
Details the requirement for dealers in the United States to report their municipal securities trades within a specific time after they occur under the real-time reporting system proposed by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) for the municipal market by mid-2003. MSRB solicitation...
- MSRB's Latest Audit Shows Slight Loss Offset by 'Cushion' From Prior Years. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;6/19/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31163, p4
Reports on the financial status of the United States Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board for its fiscal year ending September 30, 2000. Decrease in net assets.
- SEC eases Rule G-32 filing deadlines. // Bond Buyer;07/20/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30438, p36
Focuses on United States Securities and Exchange Commission's approval of an amendment to the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's Rule G-32. Removal of any potential timing discrepancies concerning dealer and customer receipt of official statements.