Population Shift Forcing Salt Lake City to Close, Build Schools
- Budget Cuts Could Lead to School Campus Closures. Wiedemann, Liz // San Diego Business Journal;2/25/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p20
The article reports that city officials in Escondido, California are anticipating that some inland school districts will be cutting back on school programs and staffing in 2008 due to budget cuts. School administrators in the city suggest that increasing classroom sizes, ending contracts with...
- California Audit Finds L.A. School District's Building Plan Is &1.7B Short. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;7/3/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31421, p3
Reports the budget deficit of the bond-funded construction program of the Los Angeles Unified School District in California. Failure of the district to determine the limit of the funding needed; Absence of clarity of the voter materials; Revision of the financial calculations.
- More State, Local Bonding Seen for Strapped Maryland Schools. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;12/8/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31776, p40
Reports budget deficits on school districts in Maryland. Increase in the compensation for the lower amount of general fund dollars available to fund capital projects; Management of the budget shortfall; Cause of fiscal difficulties; Allocation of the pay-as-you-go funds.
- School officials seek ways to reduce deficit. Sanders, Ramona C. // Collinsville Herald;8/29/2012, Vol. 54 Issue 35, pA1
The article discusses the plans of the Collinsville School District in Illinois to form a committee to address the district's increasing budget deficit, and provides information on the budget problems faced by the district.
- Tight Budgets Squeeze Classrooms. // International Musician;Apr2011, Vol. 109 Issue 4, p8
The article reports on the aim of parents and educators to shrink class sizes, as school districts face teacher layoffs and budget cuts in the U.S.
- Voters reject 2 of 3 school budget overrides. // Inside Tucson Business;3/15/2010, Vol. 19 Issue 42, p4
The article reports on the rejection of the voters on the request of the two school districts in Marana and Flowing Wells, Arizona to override state budget limitations to help offset state budget cuts.
- Fort Zumwalt faces projected $3M deficit. Castile, Raymond // St. Charles Journal;1/11/2012, Vol. 47 Issue 2, pA5
The article reports on the projected three million U.S. dollar deficit faced by the Fort Zumwalt School District in O'Fallon, Missouri by the end of the school year in 2012.
- Another multi-million dollar deficit for Collinsville. Latham, Adam // Collinsville Herald;10/3/2012, Vol. 54 Issue 40, pA5
The author shares his opinions on the budget deficit facing the Collinsville Unit 10 School District for 2012-2013.
- TROUBLED PITTSBURGH SCHOOL DISTRICT FACES LARGE DEFICIT. Branch, Al // Curriculum Administrator;Jan2001, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p10
Reports on the plans of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, schools superintendent John Thompson to meet the school district's multi-million dollar deficit. Possible closure of 18 schools; Raising of taxes by 20%.