New Texas Law Calls for Large Regional Water Authority
- Water Section 11: THE CUSTOMERS, THE WATER SUPPLY INDUSTRY BY COUNTRY. // Water Utility Meters Report;2003, p61
Presents contact details of water utilities by country. Wasserwerke Wien in Australia; Antwerpse Waterwerten NV in Belgium; Canadian Utilities Limited; Anchorage Water & Wastewater utility in Alaska.
- Worries over sewer transfer. // WET News: Water & Effluent Treatment News;Sep2011, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p1
The article reports that there are still uncertainties with regards to the transfer of private sewers to water companies in Great Britain, according to the Private Sewer Forum of the Society of British Water and Wastewater Industries (SBWWI).
- Clarification. Frost, Douglas // Planning;Oct2013, Vol. 79 Issue 8, p47
A correction to the article "The Water Demand Revolution," published in the August/September 2013 issue is presented.
- Waves of Discontent On the Water Front. Cherry, Sheila R. // Insight on the News;7/1/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 24, p24
Talks about the mismanagement of water utilities in Cochabamba, Bolivia as of July 2002. Findings of the report 'The Limitations of Water Regulation: The Failure of the Cochabamba Convession in Bolivia'; Increase in water availability, due to the efforts of Aguas del Tunari in its first months...
- Who owns our water? // Utility Week;4/5/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 14, p15
Reports on the ownership of utilities in Great Britain. List of foreign owners of British utilities; Portion of households receiving water from foreign-controlled companies.
- Price regime failing the vulnerable. // Utility Week;2/28/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p3
Reports on the disadvantages of the water charging policy in Great Britain to vulnerable customers, according to consumer watchdog WaterVoice. Suggestion on the basis for a water charging policy; Position of WaterVoice on compulsory metering.
- Ulster looks for new charging model. // Utility Week;2/28/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p6
Focuses on the selection of the Scottish and Welsh models of water charging by Northern Ireland Regional Development Minister Angela Smith for the province. Alternative to domestic water charges.
- A step forward regionally. // Crain's Detroit Business;6/15/2015, Vol. 31 Issue 24, p6
The article presents insights on the Great Lakes Water Authority's approval of long-term leases of the sewer and water assets owned by the Detroit Water and Sewerage Department in Michigan.
- CALENDAR. // Utility Week;3/15/2013, p26
A calendar of events for the British utilities industry in 2013 is presented which includes the Sustainability Leaders Forum Scotland in Edinburgh on March 19, the Water Industry Innovation Conference at the Hilton Birmingham Metropole in England on March 22 and the Utility Week Customer Debt...