Scorn Greets Davis' Attack On Utilities
- Electricity Crisis Not Over Yet. Zion, Lee // San Diego Business Journal;09/11/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 37, p1
Reveals that the energy crisis in San Diego, California will worsen despite Governor Gray Davis' approval of an energy relief bill. Causes of the energy crisis; Provisions of the bill; Measures undertaken by the local government and energy industries to overcome the crisis.
- Davis Offers No Short-Term Fix To California Energy Crisis. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;01/10/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31054, p1
Reports on the disappointment of credit analysts over the failure of California Governor Gray Davis to offer plans to stabilize the financial situation of the state's investor-owned electric utilities during his state of the state address in January 2001. Davis' announcement of the budget...
- Governor's Fight for Energy Rebates May Be Dead Issue. Jones, Rene'e Beasley // San Diego Business Journal;3/17/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p7
Comments on efforts by California Governor Gray Davis to make power merchants pay refunds to Californians for electricity overcharges during the energy crisis. Questions by federal officials on the ability of power merchants to repay customers; Financial difficulties of Duke Energy; Inclusion...
- STATE MAY BUY TRANSMISSION LINES FROM CALIFORNIA UTILITIES. Rosta, Paul; Armistead, Thomas E. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;02/26/2001, Vol. 246 Issue 8, p13
Reports on a package of proposals billed as 'the framework of a recovery plan for California's investor-owned utilities,' unveiled by Governor Gray Davis on February 16, 2001. Aim to make resources available for the heavily indebted utilities to recover their financial health without rate...
- Davis promises more money for wind energy. Materna // San Diego Business Journal;11/29/99, Vol. 20 Issue 48, p6
Reports on California Governor Gray Davis' declaration of support for the wind turbine projects in the state. Promise to raise more fund for the projects; Hope to increase the state Energy Commission's Renewable Energy Trust Fund.
- State Seeks Federal Relief for Runaway Electricity Costs. Zion, Lee // San Diego Business Journal;6/4/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p2A
Reports the request of California Governor Gray Davis for a federal relief regarding increasing energy costs in the United States. Meeting with US President George Bush; Measures undertaken by the state to address the energy problem; Effect of the crisis on the US economy.
- Heroes and Dummies. Reiff, Rick // Orange County Business Journal;7/9/2001-7/15/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 28, p46
Criticizes the efforts and actions taken by California Governor Gray Davis to address the electricity crisis. Dealing with an ex-employee of Duke Energy Corp. who testified that the company manipulated electricity prices; Duke's claim that the company's machinations were carried out at the...
- Conflict of Interest Could Overturn California Electricity Contracts. Nichols, Hans S. // Insight on the News;5/27/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p6
Focuses on the controversy associated with the electricity contracts that have been negotiated in California during the power crisis in 2001. Amount of the bond issue raised by California Governor Gray Davis to purchase electricity on the spot-market; Charges filed by Republicans in Sacramento,...
- South County Gets Its Own Electricity Plan. Cziborr, Chris // Orange County Business Journal;7/2/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 27, p1
Focuses on a pending deal between California Governor Gray Davis and San Diego Gas & Electric Co. that could erase looming electricity debt that appears on the bills of businesses and residents in South County and San Diego, California. Value of the utility's power grid that the state would buy.