Layoffs Are Easy Cost Cuts For Corporations
- Nortel layoffs, losses have industry asking: What's next? Duffy, Jim; Greene, Tim; Hochmuth, Phil // Network World;10/8/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 41, p1
Reports the plan of Nortel Inc. to layoff employees in Mississauga, Ontario. Details on the financial condition of the company; Focus on long-haul optical, metropolitan and wireless networks; Speculation on the acquisition of Nortel by Cisco Corp.
- Untitled. Kunert, Paul // Computer Weekly;3/3/2009, p72
The article reports that 3,200 staff members will be dismissed by Nortel Networks Corp. worldwide as part of a business and financial restructuring plan.
- Nortel cuts jobs. // RCR;05/17/99, Vol. 18 Issue 20, p8
Announces restructuring plans of Nortel Networks intended to increase the firm's competitiveness. Sale of manufacturing plants; Elimination of 1,000 jobs.
- Reaching out to the unemployed. McKinley, Barton // Network World;3/17/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p37
Urges the technology firms and IT/networking shops to do more to help laid-off network professionals in the U.S. Reasons why laid-off network professionals are scorned or ridiculed by people outside the technology sector; Sharing of information with laid-off workers on developing technology,...
- Utah tech watch. Politis, David // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;07/13/98, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p21
Opinion. Comments on employee dismissals in Utah's high technology industry. Companies that laid off workers; High chances for most skilled people to find jobs in Utah.
- REACTING TO LAYOFFS. Park, Allan // Siliconindia;Jun2001, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p72
Reports on the reaction of laid off workers in the high technology industries. Understanding the economic conditions behind a layoff; Effects of layoff on the immigrant status of the employee.
- NORTEL FILLS GAPS, SLIMS DOWN AGAIN. LaBarba, Liane H. // Telephony;6/3/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 22, p20
Reports on the revenue expectations of telecommunications equipment maker Nortel Networks for the second quarter of 2002. Details of the company's layoff plans; Factors affecting Nortel's financial condition; Information on the company's Optera Metro 3000 DS-1 service module.
- Nortel to cut 2,900 jobs, aims to save $400M. Kapko, Matt // RCR Wireless News;2/12/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p11
The article details the plan of Nortel Networks Ltd. to cut jobs and shift an additional 1,000 positions to lower-cost locations and to boost the network-equipment maker's profits. According to the company, the 9-percent cut in its workforce, along with other steps, would generate an annual...
- Nortel Files for Chapter 11. Medford, Cassimir // Red Herring;1/14/2009, p2
The article reports on the filing of Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection by Canadian telecommunications equipment maker Nortel in both the U.S. and Canada. The Toronto, Ontario-based company will also seek creditor protection for its European subsidiaries. Nortel lost more than 90 percent of its...