Layoffs Are Rolling Across The Country
- Economic Linkages, Spillovers, and the Financial Crisis-1. Gourinchas, Pierre-Olivier; Kose, M Ayhan // IMF Economic Review;2010, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p209
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Andrei A. Levchenko, Logan T. Lewis, and Linda L. Tesar on "The Collapse of International Trade During 2008-2009 Crisis: In Search of the Smoking Gun," one by George Alessandria, Joseph P. Kaboski, and Virgiliu...
- A Case Study of a Currency Crisis: The Russian Default of 1998. Chiodo, Abbigail J.; Owyang, Michael T. // Review (00149187);Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 84 Issue 6, p7
Presents a study which examined the conditions under which an economy can become vulnerable to a currency crisis. Result of the currency crisis that occurred in Russia in 1998; Definition of currency crisis; Causes of currency crises; Models of currency crises; Measures to avoid the crisis.
- Beginning of the end. de Lange, Lucas // Finweek;4/3/2008, p58
The article offers tips on how to face a company's financial crises.
- Five Questions about Business Cycles. Diebold, Francis X.; Rudebusch, Glenn D. // Economic Review (03630021);2001, p1
Considers several questions about the fundamental nature of business cycles. Controversy over the possible postwar stabilization of the economy; Defining characteristics of the business cycle; How secular growth be distinguished from cyclical fluctuations.
- The Asian Crisis in Retrospect. Bowles, Justin // World Trade;Feb2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p56
Analyzes the financial crisis in Asia in 1997. Effect of limiting its credit risk to the crisis; Status of its international credit trends.
- Lessons from global crisis painful but also valuable. Kim, Mikey // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/3/2014, Vol. 34 Issue 50, p15A
The author comments on the painful lessons that must be learned on the global financial crisis.
- Beating the Bad Economy. Travis, Christopher K. // Round Top Register;Summer2009, p20
The author reflects on what it takes to succeed in a down economy.
- Don't write off 2012. Maddox, Bronwen // Prospect;Jan2012, Issue 190, p1
The article discusses various papers published within the issue including one on Great Britain's politics, another on the continued rise of people power across the world, and another on the financial crisis in Europe.
- Bull market Keynesianism. Baker, Dean // American Prospect;Jan/Feb99, Issue 42, p78
Focuses on the lessons to be learned from the nineties business cycle. Effects of the global financial crisis; Traditional Keynesian economic precepts; Nonexistence of the non-accelerating inflation rate of unemployment; Economic gains derived from lower unemployment; Non-relationship between...