Iospan Braces For U.S. Trial
- Iospan completes field trials. // RCR Wireless News;1/14/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p7
Reports that Iospan Wireless Inc. has completed a field demonstration of a non-line-of-sight fixed wireless network utilizing its Air Burst Multiple Output Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing technology. Objective of the field trials; Results of the trial.
- Focusing Next-Gen Broadband. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;8/20/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 34, p30
Reports that Iospan Wireless Inc. is one of the companies touting the non-line-of-sight (LOS) fixed wireless standard. Information on the company's technology; Expectation from non-LOS standard; Iospan's alliance with Powerwave Technologies Incorporated.
- Seeking A Broadband Identity. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;10/30/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 44, p31
Reports that Gigabit Wireless Inc. has changed its name to Iospan Wireless Incorporated. Reasons for the move; Predicted annual growth of broadband wireless service revenue by 2004; Target market of Iospan's first products; Other members of Wireless DSL Consortium besides Iospan.
- Iospan Prepares an 'AirBurst.' Baumgartner, Jeff // Multichannel News;11/06/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 45, p51
Reports on San Jose, California-based Iospan Wireless Inc.'s plan to introduce its AirBurst wireless broadband technology as of November 6, 2000. Background on the wireless broadband technology with non-line-of-sight features.
- Iospan, Powerwave enter product development agreement. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;8/13/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 33, p27
Announces that Iospan Wireless Inc. and Powerwave Technologies Inc. have joined forces to develop AirBurst-compatible broadband power amplifiers to enhance deliver of non-line-of-site fixed-wireless communications. Terms of the partnership deal; Aim of the AirBurst technology; Implications for...
- Iospan ceases operations, assets bought. // RCR Wireless News;3/3/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p21
Reports on the closure of Iospan Wireless in San Jose, California as of March 2003. Acquisition of the company by Intel Corp. and PrimeWave Communications; Services offered by Iospan.
- Products. // RCR Wireless News;3/11/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p52
Introduces new products in the cellular telephone service industry as of March 11, 2002. Patent received by Iospan Wireless Inc. for optimizing the use of multiple antennas in a wireless system; Efforts of Anite Telecoms Inc. to improve the general packet radio system and global system for...
- UWC. M.P.D. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jun2000, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p17
Highlights the fourth annual Global Summit of the Universal Wireless Communications Consortium held from April 26-28, 2000. Attendees' preoccupation with defining business strategies for third generation (3G) services; Number of time division multiple access subscribers worldwide as of the end...
- So many decisions. Luna, Lynnette // Telephony;05/07/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 19, p18
Reports on the 2001 Universal Wireless Communications Consortium Global Summit. Theme of the event; Highlights of the summit; Its participants.