Keeping A Lid On Costs
- Recycling data. Boney, Karissa // Cellular Business;Nov97, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p12
Discusses the necessity of reusing subscriber data as the key to effective marketing and customer care in the wireless industry. Concept of recycling data as applied to the billing data; Advantages of combining and adapting company-wide strategies; Development of the `decision-support system' by...
- Calculating cost per mile. Rutherford, Kevin // Overdrive;Jun2009, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p18
The article focuses on the calculation of cost per mile (CPM) and its application to industrial operation in the U.S. The exact miles driven, fixed costs and variable costs for specific time frame are necessary in the calculation. It notes that any cost related to ones business could be included...
- Making EMTAs pay off in the long run. Eng, Bob // CED;Feb2010, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p27
The article provides information on the operational costs of embedded multimedia terminal adapters (EMTAs). It explores the importance of taking into consideration the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of EMTA over its lifetime and the three elements of costs including lowest and simplest,...
- Learning to share. Reeves, Betsy // Wireless Review;05/15/98, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p22
Reports on the acceptance of co-location in the wireless industry by some carriers. Increase in the number of cell sites from 1996 to 1997; Co-location on the sites of BellSouth Mobility DCS; Discussion on the management of a number of carriers at the same site. INSETS: Clearing the way for...
- Busy Carriers, Busy Signals. Kridel, Tim // Wireless Review;04/01/99, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p52
Suggests how wireless telephone companies can assure subscribers that call completion is not delayed nor a failure. Approach that could streamline completion of calls from roamers; What increases call setup; Cellular One's way of catching delays.
- Managing the cellular signaling network: The industry's most important challenge. Espinosa, Rolando // Telephony;8/22/94, Vol. 227 Issue 8, p26
Looks at the requirements for the efficient management of cellular networks. Wireless communications; Challenges presented to carriers as the cellular networks grow and become more complex; Cellular signaling network as the key to providing seamless service; Mobility and multicarrier...
- `Vested' relations. Kaplan, Jonathan // America's Network;02/15/98, Vol. 102 Issue 4, p8
Discusses how wireless carriers can insulate themselves from future customer backlash, when the climate for wireless changes. Strategy needed to create differentiation and build customer relationships; Role of wireless data services and brand loyalty in deepening customer relationships; How data...
- The crystal ball approach. Levine, Shira // America's Network;04/01/99, Vol. 103 Issue 5, p37
Discusses the predictive management approach that help wireless telecommunication carriers solve problems early before they happen. Factors that affect networks; Basic idea behind the approach; Benefits from the approach.
- Get a handle on handhelds as critical biz tools. Mitchell, Lori // InfoWorld;05/07/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 19, p68
Explores how information technology departments of businesses can manage the handheld communication devices of their companies. Uses of handheld devices for businesses; Inventory of the handheld devices; Data access policy; Examples of handheld device management solutions.