Good News For Mobile
- GSM carriers need to exploit data. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;11/15/99, Vol. 18 Issue 46, p2
Reports on Global System for Mobile (GSM) communication operators' need to deploy wireless data, according to speakers at the 1999 GSM in North America conference. Carriers' need to get data applications into the hands of consumers before the entry of next-generation data-centric networks;...
- N.A. GSM operators celebrate roaming progress. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;11/15/99, Vol. 18 Issue 46, p3
Reports on developments concerning the Global System for Mobile (GSM) communication industry in North America, as discussed at the GSM in North America conference held November 1999. GSM operators' roaming agreements with international operators; Efforts of the North American GSM Alliance LLC...
- GSM association launches security initiative. // RCR;05/01/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 18, p49
Reports on the Global System for Mobile Communications Association's launch of a security initiative that would enhance the integrity of its operator members' networks.
- GSM Subscriber Base Rises by 1.16%. // Voice & Data;May2014, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p61
The article focuses on a report released by Cellular Operators' Association of India revealing that global system for mobile communication (GSM) operators have added a total of 8.26 million subscribers in March 2014, a 1.16% rise from the previous month.
- Yahoo's Calling Your Cell Phone. Schachter, Ken // Red Herring;2/17/2009, p1
The article reports on Yahoo's new mobile strategy in 2009. The company has launched Yahoo! Mobile, a suite of search, social and content tools for Apple's iPhone, Research in Motion's Blackberry and other smartphones. The applications, whose beta launch was announced at the Mobile World...
- Getting There. Seybold, Andy // Wireless Week;6/1/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p10
The article reports on the advantages and applications of the combination of location-based services (LBS) and wireless technology. Location service applications will be able to arrange the stops in the order that makes the most sense, revising the route as traffic situations change, and present...
- Understanding Sensitivity in Handset Design. Levy, Gary // Wireless Design & Development;Jun2006, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p34
The article discusses the implications of sensitivity performance for the development of mobile and wireless communication systems. A definition of sensitivity is explained. A diagram of the global system for mobile communications radio is presented. The importance of considering the issue...
- Intelligent antennas set for record wireless use. // Portable Design;May2005, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p6
This article focuses on the growing interest on the use of intelligent antennas (IA) in WiFi, cellular, and broadband wireless platforms. The use of IA technology in high-end cellular handsets and WiFi products will create a significant pair of launch pads for the industry. Over three million IA...
- GPRS roaming moves from back burner. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;1/21/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p1
Assesses the state of General Packet Radio Service (GPRS) supported by global system for mobile communications (GSM) companies in 2002. Reason for the lack of demand for GPRS; Difference between GPRS and GSM networks; Information on GRX networks.