Talking About Voice Access
- How to Get the Most Out of Voice Mail. // CPA Journal;Feb2000, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p11
Presents several suggestions on how to maximize the use of voice mail systems. Information to record for callers to reach a person; Suggestions when leaving a voice-mail message for someone else.
- Avoiding Voice Junk Mail. Booher, Dianna // National Public Accountant;Sep99, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p13
Provides suggestions for the improvement of voice mail communication.
- Communicate with confidence. Booher, Dianna // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;01/17/2000, Vol. 29 Issue 30, p16
Discusses the pros and cons of voice mail and how users in the United States can maximize the telecommunication system's usefulness. Leaving a brief, current and informative greeting when recording a message; Inclusion of one's name and number before and after comments; Keeping instructions...
- What does your voicemail message say about you? Gitomer, Jeffrey // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;10/19/2009, Vol. 39 Issue 17, p8
The article presents an answer to a question on the importance of having a creative and active voice-mail instead of a regular everyday message.
- VM: Press 1 for More Options. McCorkle, Vern // Alaska Business Monthly;May2000, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p6
Criticizes companies that use voice mail (VM) systems. Call for voice mail to be banned during normal business hours; United States legislators' consideration of the prospect of forbidding federal agencies from using voice mail; Claim that VM systems are insensitive and impersonal.
- Never Too Late. Andresino, Maria // Training & Development;Nov92, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p6
Recounts a humorous situation about a voice-mail answering system which was caught on tape. Quality of voice recorded on the system; Ease of operating voice-mail systems.
- Smile: You're on V-mail. // Information Management Journal;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p13
Focuses on the trend towards video mail (v-mail) technology, which combines video and voice in the U.S. as of March 2003. Features of v-mail offerings of several companies; Estimated number of subscribers to Talkway Communications who have signed up for its v-mail services.
- Five (more) ways to use voice mail. Todd, Bruce // Public Management (00333611);Sep96, Vol. 78 Issue 9, p37
Discusses the advantages of using voice mail or integrated voice response systems. Software applications automated to perform range of tasks; Voice messaging-based productivity improvements; Scenarios that show how local governments in North America are using voice messaging solutions.
- VOIP: Stalled at the Demarc. Nolle, Tom // Business Communications Review;Apr99, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p12
Focuses on the device needed to effectively use voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP). Features of VOIP; Data protocols proposed for use in IP telephony; Range of possibilities for an IP-telephony demarc device; Conclusion.