Mobile Ads Get Guidlelines
- Buyer, Beware! // Scholastic Action;3/22/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p17
Suggests ways in which to analyze a free cell phone advertisement.
- Wireless advertising needs to improve ratings to gain share. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;6/3/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 22, p8
Talks about mobile advertising in the U.S. Obstacles to overcome by mobile advertising; Status of the U.S. market for mobile advertising; Significance of interoperability agreements for SMS among carriers; Reason domestic mobile operators are hesitant about widespread dissemination of advertising.
- More than a one-hit wonder? Winker, Steve // Marketing Week;9/27/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 33
Reports the versatility of using mobile device as an advertising medium for industries in Europe. Importance of maintaining relationship between information provision and promotion; Benefits of permission-based campaigns; Development of a code of practice for mobile advertisers.
- Mobile ad industry survey. // Marketing Week;9/27/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 33
Focuses on the results of the Mobile Advertising Industry Survey in Great Britain as of 2001. Percentage of respondents wanting advertising to be opt in; Inhibition of the fear of invasion of privacy from adopting mobile advertising; Personalization of the mobile advertising.
- TRENDS. // New Media Age;7/18/2002, p14
Discusses the trends in the media sector as of July 2002. Growth of direct subscriber line; Expected growth of the voice business market; Life-span of mobile phones.
- Ad study to probe market malaise. Mortland, Shannon // Crain's Cleveland Business;1/27/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the plan of the Cleveland Advertising Association to assess the region's loss in the field of advertising so that adequate steps can be taken to recover the loss. Plans to conduct a study on advertising habits of area businesses; Identification of drawbacks of Ohio-based advertising...
- Sellers Bald at 4A's Electronic-Buying Push. Consoli, John // Adweek Midwest Edition;12/2/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 48, p3
Focuses on a request by the American Association of Advertising Agencies (4A) to broadcast networks to adopt standardized online buying process designed by them. Benefits of the online buying process to 4A and broadcast networks; Companies investing for the online project; Reasons for doubt of...
- Debating Spec Work. Parpis, Eleftheria // Adweek New England Edition;11/23/98, Vol. 35 Issue 47, p18
Reports that the American Association of Advertising Agencies (4A) unveiled a set of initiatives that it hopes to help advertising agencies in winning business. Different views of the 4A on the value of speculative creative; Comments from Cleve Langton, director of business development at DDB...
- AA proposes a committee on effectiveness. Tylee, John // Campaign;06/09/2000, Issue 23, p5
Reports on the Advertising Association's (AA) proposed creation of an industry-wide research committee that will investigate the issue of lack of agreement on the meaning of effectiveness in advertising. Proposed evaluation of failed and successful campaigns; Suggestions concerning the issue of...