Carriers Are Spending, After All
- Ericsson aims for new business to offset AT&T loss. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;09/06/99, Vol. 18 Issue 36, p1
Focuses on Ericsson Inc.'s displacement from AT&T Wireless Services Inc. as the majority vendor. Share of infrastructure contracts as of July 1999; AT&T Wireless' agreements with Lucent Technologies Inc. and Nortel Networks; Delivery problems of Ericsson.
- MOBILE CAPEX KEPT IN CHECK AS NETWORK BUILDOUTS SLOW. O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;5/26/2003, Vol. 244 Issue 11, p14
Reports on AT&T Wireless Services Inc.'s capital spending for mobile communication systems in the U.S. Capital spending trends in the mobile communication sector; AT&T Wireless' capital expenditures for 2003; Factors affecting capital spending on mobile networks.
- Lucent to replace Ericsson in AT&T's New York market. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;08/30/99, Vol. 18 Issue 35, p3
Reports on AT&T Wireless Services Inc.'s granting of a contract to Lucent Technologies Inc. that calls for the vendor to replace Ericsson Inc.'s equipment in its wireless communications market in New York City. Consumer complaints against Ericsson from AT&T's customers; AT&T's digital network...
- Communications News. // Communications News;May2000, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p8
Presents update on the telecommunication industry as of May 2000. Purpose of the collaboration deals between AT&T Wireless Services, British Telecom and Microsoft; Total value of United States telecommunication equipment exports in 1999; Scope of the multiterabit cable system plans of Alcatel...
- Late News. // RCR Wireless News;7/9/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 28, p1
Presents news briefs on the wireless communication equipment industry in the United States as of July 9, 2001. Rank of AT&T Wireless Group in the Standard & Poor 500 Index; Plans of Alan H. Goldfield to retire from CellStar Corp.
- Will capex cuts damage quality, coverage? Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;5/20/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 20, p14
Discusses the planned capital expenditures of a number of U.S. mobile communication carriers. Information on the capital expenditures of Cingular Wireless LLC and AT& T Wireless Services Inc.; Plans of VoiceStream Wireless Corp. to increase its capital expenditures; Remarks from Suntrust...
- Cingular COO: The Future Is Bright. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;3/1/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p8
Interviews Ralph de la Vega, chief operating officer of wireless carrier Cingular, about the acquisition of AT&T Wireless. Impact of the acquisition on Cingular's 2.5G-third generation network plans; Effect of the deal on Cingular's relationship with AT&T partners and affiliates; Effect of the...
- AT&T pushes data coverage. // Telephony;11/20/95, Vol. 229 Issue 21, p8
Reports on AT&T Wireless Services' announcement of the launching of cellular digital packet data (CDCP) and circuit-switched data service in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Competition with long-standing offerings from Bell Atlantic; Other CDCP agreements of the company.
- AT&T digital PCS is live in St. Louis. // RCR;11/10/97, Vol. 16 Issue 44, p10
Annouces that AT&T Wireless Services Incorporated launched its personal communications services network in the St. Louis metropolitan area. Who provided the Time Division Multiple Access infrastructure equipment for the launch; Expectations of the company.