Despite Abrupt Layoffs, Optimism In Silicon Valley
- Cisco Systems. Harrington, Ann // Fortune;1/12/2004, Vol. 149 Issue 1, p62
Presents a profile of Cisco Systems, the California-based Internet technology company that made number 28 on the magazine's list of the 100 best companies to work for. Description of the hands-on approach and evangelistic zeal of CEO John Chambers; Report that the tech downturn led to...
- Canada : CISCOand#39;s layoffs plans will affect neither ONTARIO nor $220M deal. // TendersInfo News;8/19/2014, p1
The article reports that the Canadian government has claimed that the job cuts that technology company Cisco Systems Inc. will implement will not affect workers at the company's Ontario unit.
- BULGARIAN MINISTRY SELECTS CISCO FOR DISASTER RECOVERY. // Worldwide Telecom;Sep2002, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p8
Reports that Cisco Systems has been selected to provide the network infrastructure at a disaster recovery center for the Bulgarian Ministry of Transport and Communications in September 2002.
- When promise delivers. Hickey, Mark // Telephony;03/29/99, Vol. 236 Issue 13, p56
Discusses the services being provided by Internet protocol (IP) technology vendors. Details on how Cisco's voice-over-IP network works; Concerns over IP technology.
- Cisco targets user types for wireless Web. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;1/22/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the plans of Cisco Systems Inc. to expand its expertise in the wireless business. Creation of an in-building wireless local area network system; Marketing strategy; Benefits of the systems; Partnership with Motorola Inc. and Nokia Corp.
- Cisco solution steps toward quad play. // CED;Aug2007, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p12
The article evaluates the Cable ServiceMesh solution, an integrated, end-to-end wireless architecture from Cisco Systems Inc.
- Access point. // Communications News;Mar/Apr2009, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p28
The article evaluates the Aironet 1140 Series Access point from Cisco Systems Inc.
- Cisco adds IOS to wireless. Cox, John // Network World;10/7/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 40, p10
Reports on the launching of Cisco Systems Inc.'s Aironet 1100 wireless product that uses the company's Inter-Network Operating System software. Features of Aironet; Capabilities provided by the product to wireless local area networks.
- Untethered Internet competition going up. Arlen // Multichannel News;12/06/99, Vol. 20 Issue 50, p151
Comments on Cisco Systems' decision to supply wireless-networking technology to the multichannel MDS industry. Use of the Wireless Ecosystem technology; Cisco's fixed-wireless-service package; Efforts of a coalition to establish global technical standard for the industry.