Despite Abrupt Layoffs, Optimism In Silicon Valley
- Cisco Systems. Harrington, Ann // Fortune;1/12/2004, Vol. 149 Issue 1, p62
Presents a profile of Cisco Systems, the California-based Internet technology company that made number 28 on the magazine's list of the 100 best companies to work for. Description of the hands-on approach and evangelistic zeal of CEO John Chambers; Report that the tech downturn led to...
- BULGARIAN MINISTRY SELECTS CISCO FOR DISASTER RECOVERY. // Worldwide Telecom;Sep2002, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p8
Reports that Cisco Systems has been selected to provide the network infrastructure at a disaster recovery center for the Bulgarian Ministry of Transport and Communications in September 2002.
- When promise delivers. Hickey, Mark // Telephony;03/29/99, Vol. 236 Issue 13, p56
Discusses the services being provided by Internet protocol (IP) technology vendors. Details on how Cisco's voice-over-IP network works; Concerns over IP technology.
- Cisco targets user types for wireless Web. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;1/22/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the plans of Cisco Systems Inc. to expand its expertise in the wireless business. Creation of an in-building wireless local area network system; Marketing strategy; Benefits of the systems; Partnership with Motorola Inc. and Nokia Corp.
- Cisco solution steps toward quad play. // CED;Aug2007, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p12
The article evaluates the Cable ServiceMesh solution, an integrated, end-to-end wireless architecture from Cisco Systems Inc.
- Access point. // Communications News;Mar/Apr2009, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p28
The article evaluates the Aironet 1140 Series Access point from Cisco Systems Inc.
- Cisco adds IOS to wireless. Cox, John // Network World;10/7/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 40, p10
Reports on the launching of Cisco Systems Inc.'s Aironet 1100 wireless product that uses the company's Inter-Network Operating System software. Features of Aironet; Capabilities provided by the product to wireless local area networks.
- Untethered Internet competition going up. Arlen // Multichannel News;12/06/99, Vol. 20 Issue 50, p151
Comments on Cisco Systems' decision to supply wireless-networking technology to the multichannel MDS industry. Use of the Wireless Ecosystem technology; Cisco's fixed-wireless-service package; Efforts of a coalition to establish global technical standard for the industry.
- Cisco's wireless Net act. Tedesco // Broadcasting & Cable;12/06/99, Vol. 129 Issue 50, p80
Reports on the availability of Cisco Systems' hardware to enable wireless Internet access to consumers in the United States via microwave in 2000. Use of multichannel multipoint distribution service for Internet and voice telephony services; Commitment of companies involved with Cisco to...