Qwesting For Business
- Donate a Phone. // Wireless Review;Feb2002, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p64
Presents the text of the random calls made by a mystery caller from 'Wireless Review' magazine, to wireless carriers to determine how a customer might be treated. Programs of Verizon Wireless and Qwest Wireless concerning telephone donation to charities.
- Qwest Intros Flat-Rate Plan. // Wireless Week;10/28/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 39, p4
Reports on the Q plan of Qwest Wireless which offers unlimited local wireless calling in some U.S. Western states. Features of the Q plan.
- Jacobs Aims To Take Qwest To New Level. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;9/10/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 37, p52
Presents an interview with telecommunication industry executive Annette Jacobs, president of Qwest Wireless, about the prospects and challenges facing the company. Growth prospects of Jacobs for the company; Differences of Qwest Wireless from other telecommunication carrier; Competitor of the...
- Short Takes. // Network World;7/12/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 28, p25
Several news reports on the development of computer and communication networks in the U.S., gathered as of July 12, 2004, are presented. The Verizon Wireless has announced plans to purchase the assets of the Qwest Wireless in order to expand its market presence. The transaction is expected to...
- Nextel Takes Shine To etrieve Service. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;06/04/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 23, p18
Reports that Nextel Communications Inc. will offer etrieve Incorporated's text-to-speech service to its business-focused subscriber base. What the service lets users; Why the carrier was attracted to the etrieve service; Nextel's Web site.
- E-mail solutions company snares second-round funding. Meyer, Dan // RCR;06/19/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 25, p37
Reports on Ignition Corp.'s first investment in the wireless market via a second-round financing for etrieve Inc., a provider of e-mail messaging solutions for mobile customers.
- Contract-Free Wireless Web. // Wireless Review;10/15/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p72
Presents the text of conversations when random calls from people posing as customers were made with three telecommunication providers in the United States. Verizon Wireless; Qwest Wireless; AT&T Wireless.
- Home Is Where the Coverage Is. // Wireless Review;Nov2001, Vol. 18 Issue 22, p72
Compares the services of three wireless carriers in the United States in terms of roaming and long distance call charges. CenturyTel; Qwest Wireless; Alltel.
- Carriers Differ On Need For National Footprint. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;4/15/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p10
Reports on the competition among telecommunication carriers in the U.S. to provide nationwide services. Strategy of Qwest Wireless; Position of U.S. Cellular; Details of the roaming agreement between Alltel and Verizon Wireless.