Technologies Move Forward On Converging Projections
- Sleeping Giant. Goldman, Chris // Wireless Review;Nov2001, Vol. 18 Issue 22, p5
Presents information on the effect of wireless data services on the operations of wireless local area network (WLAN) carriers in the United States. Prevalence of WLAN technology on the offerings of wireless data services; Uses of wireless data services.
- Pre-construction wireless site surveys, and other virtually impossible tasks. Ballast, Donna // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Jul2002, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p12
Discusses the importance accurate site survey during the installation of wireless local area network (LAN). Conduit for wireless access; Channel capacity of wireless LAN; Signal interference; Cable installation in wet locations.
- Wireless LANs: Complement or replacement of network wiring? Farrant, Mark; Waldner, Tim // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Apr2003, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p15
Focuses on the advantages of wireless local area networks. Benefits of cabled local area networks; Analysis on the 802.11x cabling systems; Overview of the encoding scheme of the cabling system.
- Mitsubishi, DT affiliate imagine world without base stations. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;7/15/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 28, p14
Presents information on the relay-type of mobile communications technology called Moteran. Definition of Moteran; Benefits of Moteran for wireless local area networks and third generation mobile communications systems.
- Who would be a service provider? Prophet, Graham // EDN Europe;Mar2003, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p16
Comments on the emergence of third generation (3g) cellular technologies. Development of 3G handsets; Complexity of call routing and handling in the conventional telecom and datacom environments; Structures for call-cost tracking and billing; Data services on wireless local area networks.
- Firms to Eye Wlan Interop. // Wireless Week;08/23/99, Vol. 5 Issue 34, p1
Reports on the alliance formed by several telecommunication companies to facilitate adoption of wireless local area networks.
- WLAN test leads to adapter agita. Garcia, Andrew // eWeek;7/10/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 27, p18
The article relates the experience of the author testing the interoperatibility of wireless local area network gear based on draft 802.11 specification. He has encountered problems using his Centrino adapters as 802.11g clients in his test matrix. He noticed that the adapters crashed his new...
- Embedded ZigBee Design Considerations. Wheeler, Andy // Wireless Design & Development;Dec2005, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p32
This article provides information on Zigbee, a specification with high enhancements based on the IEEE 802.15.4 standard for low-powered networks for wireless monitoring and control. Several characteristics of the ZigBee-compliant embedded networks are given. Application support services being...
- Billing issues grow critical for wireless service providers. Le Thomas, Nguyet // America's Network;9/15/2004, Vol. 108 Issue 14, p12
This article focuses on the billing issues in wireless local area networks. A study by the Yankee Group Research Inc. reveals that proper pricing and billing for services such as voice, data, subscription-based gaming, and Web-based services are still under-utilized. Related issues are how to...