- Western's DSL Move May Take On LECs. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;05/29/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 22, p1
Announces the supply pact of cellular carrier Western Wireless with Nortel. Terms of their supply pact; Views of analysts on potential buyers like AT&T Wireless Services for Western; Reasons for the appeal of Western to buyers; Advantage of Western's digital subscriber line technology to...
- Carriers' plans are up in the airwaves. Rendleman, John; Nobel, Carmen // eWeek;07/24/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 30, p15
Discusses the strategies of several telecommunications carriers for deploying fixed wireless data services. Plan of AT&T Wireless Services Inc. to launch fixed wireless services in four United States cities in December 2000; Rural fixed wireless trial of Western Wireless Corp. and Nortel...
- AT&T could add third equipment vendor. // RCR;08/23/99, Vol. 18 Issue 34, p2
Reports on AT&T Wireless Services Inc.'s plan to contract with Nortel Networks as an additional supplier of time division multiple access equipment.
- Care and feeding of customers. Brothers, Art // America's Network;7/01/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 10, p34
Focuses on the customer service efforts of U.S. telecommunications companies. Uselessness of contacting Western Wireless' customer service hotlines; Author's experiences during a work stint at AT&T Wireless.
- Acquisitions Left And Right. // Wireless Week;07/31/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 31, p38
Announces the acquisition deals made by telecommunication companies, Western Wireless Corp. and AT&T Wireless Group (AWG). Value of the acquisition deal between AWG and SBC Communications.
- Significant wins don't translate to new spending. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;7/28/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p4
Assesses the wireless communication infrastructure spending in the U.S. Agreements of AT&T Wireless Services Inc. with Nortel Networks Ltd. and Ericsson for wireless-code division multiple access; Key factor contributing to infrastructure spending; Remarks from Eric Updyke of AT&T Wireless...
- Carrier Briefs. // RCR Wireless News;3/22/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p18
Presents news briefs on the wireless communication industry as of March 22, 2004 in the U.S. Deployment of Phase I Enhanced 911 service for Cellular One customers in South Dakota by Western Wireless Corp.; Availability of QuietSpot headsets from Shure Inc. to Sprint PCS customers; Certification...
- Business Briefs. // RCR Wireless News;7/14/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 28, p13
Presents news briefs on wireless communication in the U.S. as of July 14, 2003. GSM/GPRS roaming agreement between AT&T Wireless Services Inc. and Western Wireless Corp.; Changes in the rates of international phone call service from Globalstar; Appointment of Ericsson as supplier of GSM/GPRS...
- AWS Moves Forward With EDGE. // Wireless Week;06/12/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 24, p8
Reports on the collaboration of AT&T Wireless Services Inc. (AWS) with Nortel Networks Corp. to deploy third generation time division multiple access/enhanced data rates for global evolution technology, based on Internet protocol. Comments from Roderick Nelson, chief technology officer for AWS.