Facing The Shakeup
- MMS demos in China. // RCR Wireless News;5/20/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 20, p24
Reports on the demonstration presented by Nokia Corp. and Ericsson AB for multimedia messaging service technology with Chinese mobile operators. Discussion on how Nokia and Ericsson demonstrated the technology; Remarks from SmarTone chief executive Douglas Li.
- Mobile Equipment Makers Set Stage for 3G Technology. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;8/27/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 35, p1
Reports on the move of wireless equipment maker, Ericsson, to refine its organizational structure in order to boost its position in the third generation wireless technology market. Efforts of other wireless telephone equipment makers to reorganize; Actions taken by Ericsson to improve its...
- Cautious optimism. Luna, Lynnette // Telephony;02/05/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 6, p14
Discusses the impact of the economic crisis in the United States (U.S.) on the market growth of the wireless industry. Condition of the U.S. handset market; Reduction on the market share predictions of several companies for 2001; Growth of the European wireless market; Strategies employed by...
- Strange bedfellows. Bischoff, Glenn // Telephony;05/07/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 19, p32
Reports on the Wireless Village initiative, joint venture among Nokia, Ericsson and Motorola. Goals of the initiative; Basis for its standards and procedures; Statistical information on the growth rate for handset sales during the first quarter of 2001.
- The Games Handsets Play. Swartz, Nikki // Wireless Review;10/1/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p12
Reports on games embedded in cellular radio. Projection on the number of wireless-gaming users by 2006; Features of handsets from Nokia and Ericsson; Role of embedded games.
- High-fliers Take A Dip. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;10/16/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 42, p3
Deals with the projected decline of the global sales of handset wireless communication systems in 2000. Impact of the projected decline on Motorola; Effect of the projected decline on the shares of Nokia and Ericsson; Reasons for the projected decline cited by Motorola executives.
- The phoney war. Gliddon, Joshua // Bulletin with Newsweek;9/3/2002, Vol. 120 Issue 6340, p62
Focuses on the debate between Microsoft Corp. and mobile phone companies over the control of wireless devices in Australia. Promotion of the Symbian operating system by mobile phone companies; Knowledge of Microsoft in Windows systems; Goal of Nokia Corp. and Ericsson company to eliminate...
- Ericsson Mum On Talks. // Wireless Week;05/01/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the statement issued by Ericsson to deny the rumors that it was considering a sale of its wireless handset business. Percent increase of the corporate profit of Ericsson.
- Comdex Show Offers Data News. // Wireless Week;11/22/99, Vol. 5 Issue 47, p10
Deals with the wireless data announcements made by several vendors during the Comdex Fall 1999 show in Las Vegas, Nevada. Wireless Internet and e-mail services of Aether Systems Inc.; Launching of Ericsson's Bluetooth Headset; Plans of Nokia and Macromedia Inc. to develop visual wireless markup...