Back To The Drawing Board
- Alcatel, Lucent link? Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;5/21/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 21, p1
Reports on the possible merger between Alcatel Alsthom and Lucent Technologies Inc. Implication of the deal; Role of the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States in the merger; Comparison of Alcatel-Lucent merger to VoiceStream-Deutsche Telecom merger.
- Infrastructure Awards. // RCR Wireless News;9/4/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 36, p34
This article reports on several contracts in the wireless communication industry as of September 4, 2006. Alcatel received a contract from Netia SA to deploy a WiMAX end-to-end solution in Poland. Ericsson has been awarded a contract by China Mobile Communications Corp. to expand the carrier's...
- DSC holders OK Alcatel acquisition. // Electronic News;08/31/98, Vol. 44 Issue 2234, p34
States that shareholders of Dallas, Texas-based DSC Communications Corp. have approved the company's purchase by France-based Alcatel. Purchase price; Terms of the agreement.
- OC-768 and Beyond. Gasman, Lawrence // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Jul2000, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p26
Reports on the development of OC-768 synchronous optical network equipment (SONET) in the United States. Vendors' competition in the high-speed, carrier-class transmission market; Expansion of the SONET's wavelength capacity; Alcatel Alsthom SA and Lucent Technologies Inc.'s support for SONET.
- 'Lucatel:' It's A Good Thing. // TelecomWeb News Digest;4/3/2006, p1
The article reports on the announcement of a real Alcatel/Lucent merger. The merger, when completed, creates what analysts say will be the world's second-largest manufacturer of equipment and networks for communications and Internet services providers, almost equal with top producer Cisco...
- BRIEFS. // Wireless Week;8/19/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 31, p19
Presents an update on the financial condition of some companies in the wireless communication business as of August 19, 2002. Lucent Technologies' loss in the June 2002 quarter; Ecutel's second round of funding from a group of investors led by McDonnell & Associates; Alcatel's purchase of Telera.
- Lucent Back on Top. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Oct2001, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p9
Compares the financial performance of optical equipment manufacturers in the United States in the second quarter of 2001. Market share of Lucent; Nortel; Alcatel; Sales of microelectromechanical systems in optical networking.
- Firms tout telephones that surf the Internet. // Indianapolis Business Journal;09/14/98, Vol. 19 Issue 26, p42
Reports on Lucent Technologies Inc., Royal Philips Electronics NV and Alcatel Alsthom SA's launch of Internet screen telephones. Price range of such products; Predicted increase in the sales of Internet screen telephones by the year 2001; Features of the products offered by the companies.
- Convergence and consolidation could impact trade associations. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;3/27/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 13, p6
The article reports on the possible implication of the consolidation of major telecommunication carriers for trade associations, as highlighted in the convention sponsored by the United States Telecommunications Association in March 2006. With the convergence of telecommunication vendors like...