Dynamics of entrained air bubbles inside a piezodriven inkjet printhead
- Entrapped air bubbles in piezo-driven inkjet printing: Their effect on the droplet velocity. de Jong, Jos; Jeurissen, Roger; Borel, Huub; van den Berg, Marc; Wijshoff, Herman; Reinten, Hans; Versluis, Michel; Prosperetti, Andrea; Lohse, Detlef // Physics of Fluids;Dec2006, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p121511
Air bubbles entrapped in the ink channel are a major problem in piezo-driven inkjet printing. They grow by rectified diffusion and eventually counteract the pressure buildup at the nozzle, leading to a breakdown of the jetting process. Experimental results on the droplet velocity udrop as a...
- In brief. // PrintWeek (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);7/15/2011, p13
This section offers British print industry news briefs as of July 15, 2011 including HP's detail of an upgrade package for its Scitex XP2300 press, better-than-expected sales for the first half of 2011 reported by inkjet manufacturer Xaar, and the launch of ColourVerify tool by Lake Image System.
- Wide format beyond offset. Robertson, Mike // American Printer;Feb2009, Vol. 126 Issue 2, p15
The article discusses the popularity of wide-format inkjet equipment among printing businesses. As noted in the January 2008 issue of "Grand Times" periodical, these machines initially faced a hostile reception. Wide format imaging is now high on the list of valued imaging solutions, according...
- Converters join the jet set. // Converter;Apr2008, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p20
The article focuses on the benefits of the inkjet technology to the converting industry. It discusses the features of the thermal inkjet and piezoelectric inkjet technologies which were developed at the end of the 1970s. It notes that inkjet technology has the advantage of being non-contact and...
- Ink-jet delivery of particle suspensions by piezoelectric droplet ejectors. Reis, Nuno; Ainsley, Chris; Derby, Brian // Journal of Applied Physics;5/1/2005, Vol. 97 Issue 9, p094903
The volume and velocity of droplets ejected from a piezoelectric droplet generator, as used in ink-jet printing, have been studied for a range of concentrated suspensions of submicron alumina particles as a function of driving signal voltage, frequency, and peak shape. Drop velocity and volume...
- Wide blue yonder. Wilson, Marion // Printing World;3/10/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 10, p28
Discusses the use of standard inkjet printers for proofing applications. Edge of piezo electric printhead technology; Chosen proofing standard; Inkjet printers from different manufacturers; Outdoor graphics sector. INSET: Inca soars with Eagle.
- Digital printing of textiles in a recent meeting in USA. // Colourage;Feb2001, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p17
Howard Baldwin of printehead manufacturer, Spectra Inc. gave details of his company's high-performance piezo ink-jet head for textile printing. He said the piezo method occupied the middle ground between continuous systems and the lower-end bubble-jet types. Baldwin also said that Spectra was...
- SENSIENT IMAGING TECHNOLOGIES. // Ink World;Mar/Apr2013, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p53
The article profiles Sensient Imaging Technologies, an inkjet and colorant technology firm. It says that Sensient Technologies offers dye-based ink and water-based pigment ink jets for desktop printers. It states that the firm supplies flavors, fragrances and colors used to make variety of...
- PRINT QUALITY: COMPARE THE RESULTS FOR YOURSELF. Yates, Darren // Australian PC User;May2004, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p52
Compares the quality of images and text printed using various inkjet printers. Canon i560; Epson Stylus C43UX; Hewlett-Packard Deskjet 5652.