Dynamics of entrained air bubbles inside a piezodriven inkjet printhead
- Entrapped air bubbles in piezo-driven inkjet printing: Their effect on the droplet velocity. de Jong, Jos; Jeurissen, Roger; Borel, Huub; van den Berg, Marc; Wijshoff, Herman; Reinten, Hans; Versluis, Michel; Prosperetti, Andrea; Lohse, Detlef // Physics of Fluids;Dec2006, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p121511
Air bubbles entrapped in the ink channel are a major problem in piezo-driven inkjet printing. They grow by rectified diffusion and eventually counteract the pressure buildup at the nozzle, leading to a breakdown of the jetting process. Experimental results on the droplet velocity udrop as a...
- In brief. // PrintWeek;7/15/2011, p13
This section offers British print industry news briefs as of July 15, 2011 including HP's detail of an upgrade package for its Scitex XP2300 press, better-than-expected sales for the first half of 2011 reported by inkjet manufacturer Xaar, and the launch of ColourVerify tool by Lake Image System.
- Wide format beyond offset. Robertson, Mike // American Printer;Feb2009, Vol. 126 Issue 2, p15
The article discusses the popularity of wide-format inkjet equipment among printing businesses. As noted in the January 2008 issue of "Grand Times" periodical, these machines initially faced a hostile reception. Wide format imaging is now high on the list of valued imaging solutions, according...
- Ink-jet delivery of particle suspensions by piezoelectric droplet ejectors. Reis, Nuno; Ainsley, Chris; Derby, Brian // Journal of Applied Physics;5/1/2005, Vol. 97 Issue 9, p094903
The volume and velocity of droplets ejected from a piezoelectric droplet generator, as used in ink-jet printing, have been studied for a range of concentrated suspensions of submicron alumina particles as a function of driving signal voltage, frequency, and peak shape. Drop velocity and volume...
- Wide blue yonder. Wilson, Marion // Printing World;3/10/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 10, p28
Discusses the use of standard inkjet printers for proofing applications. Edge of piezo electric printhead technology; Chosen proofing standard; Inkjet printers from different manufacturers; Outdoor graphics sector. INSET: Inca soars with Eagle.
- Digital printing of textiles in a recent meeting in USA. // Colourage;Feb2001, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p17
Howard Baldwin of printehead manufacturer, Spectra Inc. gave details of his company's high-performance piezo ink-jet head for textile printing. He said the piezo method occupied the middle ground between continuous systems and the lower-end bubble-jet types. Baldwin also said that Spectra was...
- SENSIENT IMAGING TECHNOLOGIES. // Ink World;Mar/Apr2013, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p53
The article profiles Sensient Imaging Technologies, an inkjet and colorant technology firm. It says that Sensient Technologies offers dye-based ink and water-based pigment ink jets for desktop printers. It states that the firm supplies flavors, fragrances and colors used to make variety of...
- PRINT QUALITY: COMPARE THE RESULTS FOR YOURSELF. Yates, Darren // Australian PC User;May2004, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p52
Compares the quality of images and text printed using various inkjet printers. Canon i560; Epson Stylus C43UX; Hewlett-Packard Deskjet 5652.
- Patterned low temperature copper-rich deposits using inkjet printing. Rozenberg, Gregor G.; Bresler, Eric; Speakman, Stuart P.; Jeynes, Chris; Steinke, Joachim H. G. // Applied Physics Letters;12/30/2002, Vol. 81 Issue 27, p5249
A PZT piezoelectric ceramic research drop-on-demand inkjet print head operating in bend mode was used as a means of delivering a copper precursor, vinyltrimethylsilane copper (+1) hexafluoroacetylacetonate, in a controlled and placement accurate fashion. The reagent disproportionates at low...