- A big idea gone flat. Deveney, Sean // Sporting News;11/3/2006, Vol. 230 Issue 44, p11
This article discusses the international expansion of the National Basketball Association (NBA). The article notes that four NBA teams played against European teams during the 2006 preseason, but the author predicts that the NBA will not expand into Europe before 2016. The article cites the lack...
- Hoops Rebound Nicely. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;05/29/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 22, p1
Reports on the turnaround of the Grand Rapids Hoops professional basketball team's business in Michigan. Changes in the team's ownership; Strategy of the team to boost business opportunities; Performance of the team in the International Basketball League.
- Inside dish. // Sporting News;08/23/99, Vol. 223 Issue 33, p76
Reports on issues and developments among National Basketball Association teams as of August 23, 1999.
- Corporate well drying up; average fan may fill gap. Schoettle, Anthony // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/21/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 32, p20
Reports on sales of tickets to Indiana Pacers basketball games as of October 2002. Pacers president Donnie Walsh's comments on the effect of the economy; Pacers' raising of ticket prices during the 2002 season; Sports marketers' view that the Pacers will be forced to rely on group and walk-up...
- Sound familiar? San Diego in line for pro basketball team. Allen, Mike; Ash, Leonard D. // San Diego Business Journal;08/24/98, Vol. 19 Issue 34, p10
Discloses that a new basketball league that is set to start in the fall of 1999 will include a San Diego, California franchise. Previous professional basketball teams in San Diego; Initial number of franchises for the International Basketball League; Reasons for the expected success of the league.
- Managing Globalization: The Case of Elite Basketball Policy in the People's Republic of China. // Journal of Sport Management;9/1/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p408
The article presents research on sports administration, considering the effect of globalization on sports & state and sports administration related to basketball in China. The introduction of policies by the General Administration of Sports (GAS) agency and the Chinese Basketball Association...
- Business Environment Rating. // Latin America Monitor: Mexico Monitor;Apr2005, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p5
Presents a graphical representation of business environment rating in Latin America, based on the assessment of the Business Monitor International in April 2005. Business environment rating of Mexico; Performance of Costa Rica; Rank of Guatemala.
- MARKET WATCH. // Orange County Business Journal;2/10/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p12
Presents charts depicting the ranking of the business enterprises in California as of February 2003.
- MARKET WATCH. // Orange County Business Journal;6/2/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 22, p8
Presents charts and graphs depicting the ranking of the business enterprises in Orange County, California as of June 2003.