Wal-Mart Comes to India
- Reaching For The Masses: EstÃ©e Lauder Cos. Scent To Launch At Wal-Mart. Prior, Molly; Naughton, Julie // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/2/2008, Vol. 196 Issue 72, p1
The article reports on the partnership of EstÃ©e Lauder Cos. Inc. and Wal-Mart Stores Inc. in the U.S. According to the article, the beauty company plans to distribute a set of fragrances under the C-Thru byname among Wal-Mart stores by December and sell it to over 10,000 shops throughout the...
- Mixed Bag of February Sales. // Chain Store Age;Apr2006, Vol. 82 Issue 4, p134
The article looks at the 2006 February sales of chain store retailers in the U.S. Industrywide comp-store sales gained 3.2% in February, according to the tally from the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC). That figure compares to a 4.9% gain in the year-ago period and represents the...
- RETAIL. // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/11/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 39, p68
The article presents information on financial performance of retail business as of 2004. Wal-Mart Stores Inc. laid out its expansion plans for the year 2005, which includes opening 240 to 250 supercenters, 40 to 45 discount stores, and 25 to 30 Neighborhood Market stores during the 2006 fiscal...
- Wal-Mart Targets Paper Cuts. // Cards & Payments;Oct2009, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p12
The article reports on the announcement from retailer Wal-Mart Stores Inc. on its move to expand the marketing of its financial-services offerings and change its payroll transactions into electronic channels in the U.S. It says that the company has partnered with Fiserv Inc. to offer its...
- Wal-Mart to Offer l.e.i. Brand. // Apparel Magazine;Apr2008, Vol. 49 Issue 8, p5
The article reports that Wal-Mart will start selling the l.e.i. brand of Jones Apparel Group Inc. in summer 2008. Wesley R. Card, president and chief executive officer (CEO) of Jones Apparel Group, says the partnership with Wal-Mart has given Jones Apparel the opportunity to leverage the...
- China PR challenge just the start for Wal-Mart. // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;11/3/2006, p24
The article presents information about the plans of Wal-Mart Stores Inc. to expand its presence in China. The world's largest retailer has purchased 100 stores of China's second-largest retailer Trust-Mart for US$1 billion that will add to its estimated market value of $750 billion by the end of...
- Bharti Aims for 50-50 Wal-Mart Retail Joint Venture. // India -- West;10/5/2012, Vol. 37 Issue 46, pB10
The article informs that Bharti Enterprises Ltd. has started talks with Wal-Mart Stores Inc. to form a 50-50 joint venture to open retail outlets in India.
- India's ED Finds No Violation of FDI Guidelines by Walmart. // India -- West;11/1/2013, Vol. 28 Issue 50, pB12
The article reports on the ruling of the Indian Enforcement Directorate that multinational supermarket chain Walmart has not violated Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) guidelines in its investment in domestic supermarket chain Bharti Enterprises.
- ONE SMALL STEP. // Retail Traffic;2007 Supplement, Vol. 36, p32
The article reports on the finalization over the joint venture agreement between Wal-Mart Stores Inc. and Bharti Enterprises Ltd. for the opening of the Bharti Wal-Mart Pvt. Ltd. in India at the end of 2008.