The European M&A Industry: A Market in the Process of Construction
- The economy in perspective. // Economic Trends (07482922);Aug95, p1
Focuses on the economic implications of mergers in industries. Planned merger of the United Auto Workers, United Steelworkers of America and International Association of Machinists; Reasons for mergers and acquisitions; Commonplace bank mergers; Attraction and repulsion of Americans to bigness;...
- The strategic sweep of dealmaking in the middle market. Warren, Russell J. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Nov/Dec94, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p12
Discusses the effects of buyers' and sellers' business pressures on the acquisition of mid-sized companies. Values of reported merger and acquisitions; Forces driving businesses to seek strategic middle-market acquisitions; Value of appropriate timing in finding the best deals; Effects of...
- Stemming price excess in a buoyant market. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jan/Feb95, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p55
Reports on the increase in acquisition pricing for the third quarter of 1994. Factors that contribute to the increase in pricing; Median multiple of EBIT; Premiums over stock prices for publicly held targets.
- Putting up some big deal numbers. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jan/Feb98, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p56
States that 1997 will go down in the history books as the stronger years of the mergers and acquisitions market. Detailed information on the dates of these merger activities; Financial information on the acquisitions; Number of confirmed cases of all-cash-payments; Listing of countries most...
- The David and Goliath syndrome. McMath, Robert M. // American Demographics;Jul97, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p64
Opinion. Discusses how buyout of small company by a bigger company does not necessarily lead to success. Why Quaker Oats acquisitions of the beverage company Snapple lead to financial disaster; Other acquisition in history which lead to the same disaster; Probable causes of the entrepreneurial...
- M&A value doubles in first half. // Editor & Publisher;7/27/96, Vol. 129 Issue 30, p7
Reports that value of mergers and acquisitions involving North American information technology companies experienced an increase during the first half of 1996 as according to Broadview Associates. Worldwide value of mergers & acquisitions; Number of reported transactions.
- M&A proceeds stay steady. // High Yield Report;12/8/97, Vol. 8 Issue 47, p2
Focuses on a report issued by Merrill Lynch company, which highlighted the decreased activity in the merger and acquisition financing market in the United States between 1990 to 1997. Figures on merger-related financing accounts for the first three quarters of 1997; Reference made to the...
- Middle-market remains M&A activity epicenter. // Fairfield County Business Journal;8/12/96, Vol. 35 Issue 33, p16
Reports on the rapid rise in merger activities among middle-market businesses in the United States in the first six months of 1996.
- Mergermania (Cont.). // Executive Report;Mar1998, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p6
Discusses the economic aspects of mergers and acquisitions in the United States. Report from Houlihan Lokey's `Mergerstat,' on the number of transactions made in 1997; Comment of Scott J. Adelson of Houlihan Lokey Howard and Zukin, on the issue of consolidation; Ranking given to banking and...