HOT TOPIC: reducing environmental testing's carbon footprint
- All aboard to clean the air! Miller, Steve // Odyssey;Apr96, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p10
Discusses the effects of carbon dioxide and other chlorofluorocarbons to the earth's temperature. Amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere that is not removed by natural systems; Large amount carbon dioxide that is released in the atmosphere; Different problems caused by different compounds.
- CO2 Cube Debuts in Copenhagen. Malone, Alanna // Architectural Record;Jan2010, Vol. 198 Issue 1, p17
The article discusses the CO2 Cube project, a 27-foot-by-27-foot-by-27-foot cube designed to illustrate the space occupied by a metric ton of carbon dioxide, said to be the monthly emission of the average resident of a developed country, displayed in Copenhagen, Denmark in December 2009.
- Energy use, carbon emissions continue worldwide rise. Chambers, Ann // Power Engineering;Mar98, Vol. 102 Issue 3, p6
Discloses that the US Energy Information Administration's `International Energy Annual 1996' report found that world energy consumption grew about three percent in 1995 and 1996. Countries that produced 40 percent and consumed 42 percent of the world's energy in 1996; Growth in world carbon...
- Reduce CO2: Increase U-238. // Earth Island Journal;Winter97/98, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p3
Reports that the Ministry of International Trade and Industry claims that energy-efficient technologies would allow Japan's industries to cut carbon dioxide emissions seven percent below 1990 levels by the year 2010.
- The cost of slowing climate change: A survey. Nordhaus, William D. // Energy Journal;1991, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p37
Presents a survey that was conducted to deal with the threat of greenhouse warming, and balancing the costs of slowing climate change. Background considerations for the issue; Cost of reducing chlorofluorocarbon (CFC) and carbon dioxide emissions; Cost of using forestry options to remove carbon...
- Prepare for Indiana's low-carbon economy. Kharbanda, Jesse // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/18/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p11
In this article the author discusses the impact of the low-carbon energy systems in Indianapolis, Indiana. He mentions that the transition to a low-carbon economy brought great challenges for Hoosier Inc. businesses. He adds that preparation is the most important thing to overcome and supporting...
- STUDY WARNS OF ENVIRONMENTAL CRISIS. Furtak, Stephannie // Rachel's Democracy & Health News;12/25/2008, Issue 991, p3
The article presents a study which explores the impact of the environmental crisis worldwide. It determines the levels of carbon dioxide which already surpassed the estimated cutoff level that would cause damage to the planet. The study also discovered that this threshold level is actually much...
- White Paper response:'timely start, but we could do better'. Considine, Mary-Lou // Ecos;Feb/Mar2009, Issue 147, p4
The article reports on the White Paper released by Australian federal government which outlines a carbon pollution reduction scheme (CPRS). It states that the government's proposed 5% cut in total emissions was based on a comparison of the country's projected per capita emissions cut, with...
- Emission issues are up in the air. Corderoy, Amy // Travel Weekly Australia;8/8/2008, Issue 94, p8
The article reports that Carbon Pollution Reduction system will impose emissions policy on domestic airlines in Australia as stated in the green paper released by the federal government. The government will enforce to any industry a limit on carbon amount pollution produced. In an emission...