Perspective on the Use of LNT for Radiation Protection and Risk Assessment by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- EPA Radiation Protection Guidelines. // ASRT Scanner;Apr/May2015, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p11
The article discusses the updated radiation protection guidelines for federal facilities on performing x-ray procedures, issued by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- Radiation Research Drops by the Wayside. Stein, Loren // Progressive;Jul86, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p16
Reports on the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) development of experiments to track effects of ionizing radiation in living organisms. Impact of Reagan Administration's budget cut on the non-ionizing radiation research program in North Carolina's Research Triangle Park; Chief of the...
- Notice of Availability of the Benchmark Dose Technical Guidance. Paulson, Glenn // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;6/19/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 118, p36533
The article presents information on the notice issued by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency regarding the availability of a guidance titled "Benchmark Dose Technical Guidance."
- EPA Revises Cancer Risk Guidelines. Sissell, Kara // Chemical Week;3/12/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 10, p10
Focuses on the updated cancer risk guidelines released by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Purpose of the guidelines; Response from environmental groups.
- radiation protection. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1962
A definition of the term "radiation protection," which refers to prophylaxis against injury from ionizing radiation, is presented.
- Restructuring Nuclear Regulations. Mossman, Kenneth L. // Environmental Health Perspectives;Jan2003, Vol. 111 Issue 1, p13
Nuclear regulations are a subset of social regulations (laws to control activities, that may negatively impact the environment, health, and safety) that concern control of ionizing radiation from radiation-producing equipment and from radioactive materials. The impressive safety record among...
- Regulation of radiation protection of the patient: how and how much, the current Belgian situation. Clarijs, Tom // Radiation Protection Dosimetry;Sep2011, Vol. 147 Issue 1/2, p54
Regulation of radiation protection has always been a cornerstone to protect the patient when exposed to ionising radiation. However, large differences exist between the implementation of international approved recommendations. Even when a well-established supra-national legislative format...
- Siting Decisions. // American School & University;Mar2012, Vol. 84 Issue 7, p43
In this article the author comments on the voluntary school siting guidelines issued by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). As stated, the siting guidelines from the EPA provide recommendations on how to evaluate environmental factors when choosing school sites. The guidelines state...
- New EPA climate rules near release. Geman, Ben // Hill;9/21/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 101, p24
The article reports on the guidelines outlined by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) that teaches the implementation of greenhouse gas permitting rules by 2011.