Biphasic Dose Response in Low Level Lightherapy
- The Healing Power of Light. Nelson, John P. // Podiatry Management;Jun/Jul2006, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p161
The article focuses on phototherapy, the use of photo energy to provide a way to promote vasolidation and treat diabetic neuropathy. Phototheraphy has been used in physical therapy, sports and veterinary medicine. While light therapy is non-invasive, painless and delivered as low level laser...
- The use of radiotherapy in the management of follicular cystitis refractory to conservative and surgical management. Trombetta, Mark; Packard, Matthew; Ferrara, Dominic; Day Werts, E. // Rare Tumors;2012, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p80
Follicular cysitis is a proliferative benign lesion which can act locally malignant. Conservative management is best; however, when this fails, surgical resection is necessary up to and including cystectomy in extreme refractory cases. We present a clinical review and our results using radiation...
- Efficacy of 670 nm Light Therapy to Protect against Photoreceptor Cell Death Is Dependent on the Severity of Damage. Chu-Tan, Joshua A.; Rutar, Matt; Saxena, Kartik; Yunlu Wu; Howitt, Lauren; Valter, Krisztina; Provis, Jan; Natoli, Riccardo // International Journal of Photochemistry;2016, Vol. 2016, p1
Photobiomodulation at a wavelength of 670nm has been shown to be effective in preventing photoreceptor cell death in the retina. We treated Sprague-Dawley (SD) rats with varying doses of 670nm light (9; 18; 36; 90 J/cmÂ²) before exposing them to different intensities of damaging white light...
- actinotherapy. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p37
A definition of the term "actinotherapy," which refers to the therapeutic use of rays of light, is presented.
- Colour Light Therapy. Satyam, Charaka // Positive Health;May2004, Issue 99, p9
Focuses on color light therapy, largely inspired by research, originally created by German naturopath, Peter Mandel. History of the treatment; Similarity to acupuncture; Methods of diagnosis.
- What light box strength is best? Workman, Lance // Pulse;8/16/2004, Vol. 64 Issue 33, p40
Responds to an inquiry about the selection of light boxes used in phototherapy for seasonal affective disorder. Luminosity; Potential damage to the skin or eyes of higher lux levels.
- At-home skin zappers. Einstein, Elizabeth // Self;Jul2005, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p44
Reports on the study about the effectiveness of do-it-yourself light emitters for light therapy in the U.S. Lack of the approval from the Food and Drug Administration on the use of the products as medical devices; Price of the emitters.
- A Simple Method of Phototherapy: Inexpensive, Blue Incandescent Bulbs. Tan, K. L.; Wong Hock Boon // Clinical Pediatrics;Dec1974, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p1048
A simple method of phototherapy using blue incandescent lamps is described. Altogether, 128 Chinese premature infants were studied, 68 with and 60 without phototherapy. In spite of the low intensity of illumination (25 to 30 footcandles), the phototherapy group had a significantly lower mean...
- 6. Phototherapy, photomedicine, and pigmentary disorder. New York, Springer // Journal of Cutaneous Medicine & Surgery;May/Jun2004, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p200
Presents abstracts of articles about phototherapy, photomedicine and pigmentary disorders. Determination whether long-term treatment with beta-carotene reduces the development of nevi in patients with numerous atypical nevi; Safety and effectiveness of a small, low-energy light-based hair...