As Retirement Looms, Houghton Mifflin's Darehshori Reflects On Educational Publishing
- Darehshori Can't Stay Away and Is Shopping for an Education Property. // Educational Marketer;6/16/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 17, p2
Reports on Nader Darehshori's plan to buy an education publishing company in the U.S.
- Houghton Mifflin's CEO hopes to globalize his company's outlook. Sherman, S.; Reuter, M. // Publishers Weekly;7/12/1991, Vol. 238 Issue 30, p19
Presents an interview with Nader Darehshori, CEO of Houghton Mifflin. Changes in textbook publishing; Going international; Trade publishing as a literary cache; Textbooks vs. social problems; Additional comments from Darehshori.
- Houghton CEO To Leave At Years End. // Electronic Education Report;05/09/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p8
Reports the retirement of Nader Darehshori as chief executive officer of Houghton Mifflin Co. in Boston, Massachusetts. Selection of candidates to replace Darehshori; Announcement of Darehshori's retirement; Growth in the educational technology line of the company.
- Houghton Mifflin Begins Search To Replace Retiring CEO Nader F. Darehshori. // Educational Marketer;05/07/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 13, p7
Reports that the Compensation and Nominating Committee of Houghton Mifflin has begun the search for a replacement for chief executive officer Nader F. Darehshori, who will retire in 2002.
- HM's chief urges futurist outlook. Sherman, Steve // Publishers Weekly;10/31/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 44, p11
Reports on the speech by Nader Darehshori, Houghton Mifflin chief executive officer which urges printers and publishers to welcome technology. Speech at the Bookbuilders of Boston dinner on October 19, 1994; Implications of the competition between big media conglomerates; Implications of...
- Exclusive: Staffed by Ex-Houghton Execs, Cambium Learning Acquires Metropolitan T&L and Sopris West. // Educational Marketer;2/2/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the business operations of Cambium Learning, a company founded by former Houghton Mifflin chairman, president and CEO Nader Darehshori. Acquisition of New York-based Metropolitan Teaching & Learning; Expected completion of the company's acquisition of Colorado-based Sopris West...
- HM Expecting Strong Third Qtr. // Publishers Weekly;10/12/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 41, p15
Focuses on Houghton Miffflin's statement that it expects its third quarter performance to exceed expectations. Comments of Nader Darehshori, company chairman; Reasons for optimism; Company statistics and forecasting; Two additions to the board of directors.
- With New Venture Aptius Education, Darehshori Targets the Higher Ed Market. // Educational Marketer;7/23/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 14, p3
The article reports on the strategic business plans of retired chairman, president and chief executive officer (CEO) Nader Darehshori of Houghton Mifflin Co. He left the company and has set up his new business named Aptius Education, which is based in Wellesley, Massachusetts. Meanwhile, the...
- HM, Wiley Post Better Results. // Publishers Weekly;11/2/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 44, p12
Reports financial gains experienced by Houghton Mifflin and John Wiley in the third quarter of 1998. Sales figures; Views of Houghton Mifflin chairman Nader Darehshori; Forecasting into 2000; Comments of William Pesce, president of John Wiley & Sons; Gains of specific divisions; Sales in...