Tips to ensure good communication in a virtual office
- Tips to ensure good communication in a virtual office. Corbin, Carolyn // Workforce;Nov97 Supplement Tools, Vol. 76, p4
Presents some suggestions for enhancing communication in the virtual-office model. Establishment of regular communication times; Importance of team spirit in the workplace; Circulation of online newsletters to keep employees inform.
- Teams expand into cyberspace. Hagen, Mark r. // Quality Progress;Jun99, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p90
Discusses the aspect of team concept called virtual teams. Development of software designed to help teams communicate in cyberspace; Definition of virtual team; Uniqueness of the benefits of virtual; team to an enterprise; Preparations needed to launch a virtual team; Communication problem...
- Working in Virtual Teams: A Tale of Two Projects and Many Cities. Haywood, Martha // IT Professional;Mar/Apr2000, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p58
Presents accounts of the author's experiences of virtual teams with two project managers, one where the project was completed on time and under budget, and another where project was cancelled because of cost and schedule overruns. Effective communications as key to successful geographically...
- Do You Act Like A Real Team Player? // TeamWork;2015, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p2
The article focuses on several issues on workplace teams and the solutions in solving them which include communication and cooperation issues with teammates, team responsibility, and making suggestions.
- How to Be a Successful 'Virtual' Leader. // Main Street Practitioner;Apr/May2011, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p14
The article focuses on how team leaders can implement old styles of team coordination to virtual reality. It says that trust is build up in the old model so team leaders must make an extra effort to build trust and team cohesion in virtual reality. It mentions the use of central clearinghouse in...
- SpeakSTRONG: For Admins. Runion, Meryl // OfficePro;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 71 Issue 7, p36
The article focuses on virtual teamwork between individuals and organizations in the corporate world. The author provides suggestions on how to maximize the benefits of virtual collaboration and to deal with the virtual problems and challenges. Particular focus is also given to the use of...
- NO NEED FOR A RUCK. Mowatt, Mabel // Community Care;1/13/2005, Issue 1555, p34
Looks at the role of a manager in encouraging a group of professionals to work as an effective team. Guidelines for creating an effective team; Importance of good communication to a team; Qualities of an effectiveness of a team. INSET: TRYING TYPES.
- A BUSINESS CASE FOR GAMEPLAY AT WORK. Saran, Cliff // Computer Weekly;10/22/2013, p19
The article looks at the trend of gamification in business to attract customers or improve efficiency. The report "Model games: Driving business model innovation with gamification" by researcher Brian Burked analyzed the use of gaming methods by Great Britain Department of Work and Pensions...
- Don't "Boss" Your Staff. // Successful Supervisor;Feb2012, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p3
The article offers tips on how supervisors can coach their teams effectively. It mentions that supervisors should hold their teams accountable for their work and performance, and build their confidence and skills. It also notes that a healthy communication in the workplace is the best tool in...