It has been two years since UPS first offered part-timers
- UPS Delivers Big Gains for Insiders. Sloan, Allan; Arora, Anjali // Newsweek;11/22/1999, Vol. 134 Issue 21, p70
Analyzes United Parcel Service's (UPS) November 1999 initial public offering (IPO) of stock. Valuation of UPS as a public company; Eligibility of delivery people and other hourly employees to purchase UPS shares; Previous pricing of UPS shares; Use of cash raised; Ownership of UPS shares.
- FedEx Rules The Air; UPS Stumbles. KEN HOOVER // Investors Business Daily;3/17/2015, pB06
The article reports on the financial performance of air freight companies in the U.S. as of March 2015 in the midst of economic recovery and decline of oil prices. FedEx reports better growth of earnings compared to United Parcel Service as depicted in the stock price. Earnings per share and the...
- UPS delivers tax benefits in new exchange offer. Reinebach, Adam // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/22/97, Vol. 63 Issue 51, p9
Reports on United Parcel Services (UPS) of America's extension of a $700 million debenture offering through an innovative exchange in which investors will receive new bonds due in 2030 for their existing 8.375 percent bonds due in 2020. Elimination of tax liability for investors; Accounting...
- Double your money. Krause, Kristine S. // Traffic World;08/24/98, Vol. 255 Issue 8, p41
Focuses on the economic performance of the United Parcel Service (UPS) for the first six months of 1998. Net income of the company; Effects of the Asian crisis on the company; Comments from UPS spokesperson Norman Black. INSET: UPS makes hazmat changes.
- UPS posts gains in 3rd quarter exports. // Traffic World;11/25/96, Vol. 248 Issue 8, p31
Reports on the financial performance of United Parcel Service (UPS) in the third quarter of 1996. Decline in operating profit; Impact of restructuring charge to accommodate early retirement and severance packages; Gains in domestic and international export volumes; Rise in domestic and express...
- UPS net profit tops $1 billion in 1995. // Traffic World;4/8/96, Vol. 246 Issue 2, p22
Presents information on the growth in profits for United Parcel Service (UPS) for 1995. Statistics on the growth recorded in domestic pre-tax; Information on UPS financial predictions for 1996; Comparison of company's 1995 growth to previous years; Details on the increase in domestic ground...
- Icing on the cake. Krause, Kristin S. // Traffic World;8/2/99, Vol. 259 Issue 5, p36
Reports the financial status of United Parcel Service in Wall Street, New York, New York. Increase of net income; Acceleration of domestic package revenue; Contribution of Asian economies improvement for increase of sales; Intensification of sales from non-package segment of company's businesses.
- UPS ups charges. // Traffic World;01/12/98, Vol. 253 Issue 2, p51
Announces that the United Parcel Service (UPS) is increasing the rates on most domestic services offered by the company, commencing on February 7, 1998. Circumstances surrounding the decision; Percentage of the increase expected; Plans being made by FedEx to increase rates.
- UPS posts second-quarter earnings of$213 million on 7.7 pct. revenue rise. Page, Paul // Traffic World;9/6/93, Vol. 235 Issue 10, p38
Reports on the financial performance of United Parcel Service Inc. in the second quarter of 1993. Increase in net earnings and revenue; Net income for the three months ending June 30; Profits for the first half of the year; Teamsters union's interest in the financial figures of United Parcel;...