Will social entrepreneurs blossom or hit bottom?
- Will social entrepreneurs blossom or hit bottom? Warwick, David // People Management;10/9/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 20, p56
Looks at the initiatives University for Industry and Michael Young's School for Social Entrepreneurs. Aims of the University for Industry initiative; Reason why the University for Industry is less fortunate in its precedents and godparents; How students benefit from Michael Young's School for...
- How do you avoid turning off consumers in promoting brands via digital channels? Young, Michael // PRWeek (U.S. Edition);May2011, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p91
The article offers the insights of some individuals on how companies can effectively use social media in promoting brands to consumers. Senior director Aaron Magness highlights the importance of social media in communicating and interacting with consumers. Group Manager Eui Chung says that...
- Media Morph: Shifd. Ives, Nat // Advertising Age;3/3/2008, Vol. 79 Issue 9, p59
The article focuses on Shifd, an online repository for notes, maps, and web links. The software is designed to simplify transferring content from the web to mobile devices and vice versa. The software eliminates the need to sync data to a computer. The software was developed by Nick Bilton and...
- College sign-up for signers-on. Whitworth, Ben // Professional Engineering;01/28/98, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p28
Looks at the University for Industry (UfI) and the pilot scheme, which was launched in September 1997. Who the UfI is primarily aimed at; Number of UfI centres; Comments from John Lloyd, the national education training officer at the Amalgamated Engineering Union; Creation of a market for...
- UfI development centres put new spin on learning. Rana, Eila // People Management;11/25/99, Vol. 5 Issue 23, p12
Announces that the University for Industry has opened development centers in Great Briteain. What people can learn by dropping into centers; Types of learning opportunities for people who have left the learning system; Traditional learning locations that the initiative has rejected.
- Making the `learning market' work better. McNair, Stephen // Adults Learning;May98, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p3
Comments on the planned University for Industry (Ufl). Problem that Ufl aims to tackle; Visions of Ufl in circulation; Importance of not losing sight of the underlying objective of Ufl; Failure of existing services to reach those with the greatest needs.
- Euro money for learning under threat. Welch, Jilly // People Management;04/16/98, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p13
Reports that the European Council (EC) cash for London, England-based University of Industry may be reclaimed for other member states if organizations failed to meet a June 1, 1998 deadline for bids to secure the capital from the council's Adapt fund. Unclear funding strategy for the...
- Good skill hunting. McCurry, Patrick // Director;Oct2000, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p104
Focuses on the training initiatives launched to develop the skills of employees in Great Britain. Overview of the University for Industry online learning network and individual learning accounts programs; Role of the Learning and Skills Council in setting the training agenda; Importance of the...
- RESTLESS LIFE OF A MAN IN ADVANCE OF HIS TIME. Sargant, Naomi E. // Adults Learning;Feb2002, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p9
Pays tribute to Michael Young, Lord Young of Darlington, an educator and social reformer in Great Britain, who died in January 2002. Efforts for social reform; Education initiatives of Young; Ideas and innovations of Young to help individuals and families.