Mind the gap
- Executive job market plunges. // Credit Management;Mar1999, p9
Cites MSL Index data which saw a four percent decline in advertised job opportunities for the whole of 1998. Decline in demand for senior executives during the last quarter of the same year; Demand for different job categories during the fourth quarter; Average decline in demand for all...
- Mind the gap. Whitehead, Mark // People Management;10/9/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 20, p40
Examines the rapid growth in the market for interim managers. Definition of interim manager; Four main reasons for a company wanting to call in an interim manager; Cost range of hiring an interim manager.
- The Churning Market for Executives. Freedgood, Seymour // Management Review;Oct65, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p20
Examines the factors that contribute to the increase in the market demand for executives in the U.S. Performance evaluation of executives; Tendency for executives to move from one company to another in small packs; Overview of the demand for marketing and finance managers in the consumer-goods...
- Trouble in the nurse labor market? Recent trends and future outlook. Buerhaus, Peter I.; Staiger, Douglas O. // Health Affairs;Jan/Feb1999, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p214
Discusses trends and future outlook for the nurse labor market in the United States. Decline in earnings and employment as managed care spread throughout the country; Outlook for hospital employment and home health employment.
- The Skills Deficit. // Canada & the World Backgrounder;Dec2002, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p7
Focuses on the shortage of skilled workers in Canada. Number of immigrants accepted by Canada in 2000; Projected number of immigrants needed by Canada in 2008; Canadian's opinion on the increasing number of immigrants in the country. INSETS: THE POINT SYSTEM;WHO GETS IN;YOU WANT ME TO LIVE WHERE?.
- LONG-RUN STABILITY WITH A BACKWARD BENDING SUPPLY CURVE. McCallum, B.T. // Southern Economic Journal;Oct72, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p291
Focuses on the adjustment mechanism of a bending supply curve. Assumptions in the analysis of the demand curve; Instability of factor markets; Analysis of the curve depicting relationship between labor and price.
- Staving off the shortage. // American Nurse;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p9
Stresses that the nursing shortage in the U.S. must be accepted and that working conditions must be adapted for older nurses. Recommendations for the shortage crisis; Social aspects of the nursing shortage.
- You gotta be kidding! Ostrowski, Mary // RN;Sep2002, Vol. 65 Issue 9, p7
Focuses on the shortage of nurses in the U.S. Factors attributed for the shortage; Social predicament of nurses; Burnout and frustration felt by nurses.
- Competences of Engineers: Evidence from a Comparative Study for Russia and EU Countries. Shmatko, Natalia // Foresight - Russia;2012, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p32
This paper assesses knowledge and skill levels required for engineers in an ideal labor market. Understanding the demand and supply of engineers' skills is important for modernization policies, and it is also important to know how to measure skill absorption by employees. Based on empirical...