Ministers accept side effects of new deal
- Ministers accept side effects of new deal. Welch, Jilly // People Management;10/9/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 20, p10
Discusses how United Kingdom government's welfare-to-work proposals will affect the labour market. Effects of the proposal on job turnover rate and incidence of substitution; How Andrew Smith, minister of state at the DfEE, defended the government's emphasis on getting unemployed 18 to 25 years...
- State labor legislation enacted in 1976. Bond, Deborah T. // Monthly Labor Review;Feb77, Vol. 100 Issue 2, p25
Discusses state labor legislation in the United States enacted in 1976. Laws or revising wage orders to increase the minimum wage rate; Amendments to wage payment and collection laws in California; Alaska's limitation on the wage claims assignable to the labor commission for collection;...
- LABOR LEGISLATION. // Macedonian Business Monthly;Sep2013, Vol. 13 Issue 134, p8
The article presents information on the enacted new Labor Law, prepared in accordance with the European Union standards that provide increased flexibility of the labor market.
- CASE NO. 2947: Report in which the Committee requests to be kept informed of developments: Appendix I: ACT NO. 3/2012 OF 6 JULY ON URGENT MEASURES FOR LABOUR MARKET REFORM [EXCERPTS]. // Official Bulletin: Series B;2014, Vol. 97 Issue 1, p128
An excerpt from Appendix I of Act No. 3/2012 regarding Urgent Measures for Labour Market Reforms including changes in the working conditions of workers in I Article 12 and revisions in the Workers' Statute Act in Article 41 is presented.
- State labor legislation enacted in 1983. Nelson, Richard R. // Monthly Labor Review;Jan84, Vol. 107 Issue 1, p59
Reports on state labor legislation enacted in the United States in 1983. Equal pay for jobs of comparable worth; Impact on employees of plant closings or relocations; requirements that employees be informed of and given training on toxic substances found in the workplace.
- Business wins a few victories at the legislature with the help of Gov. Foster. Burns, Tim // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);06/23/97, Vol. 17 Issue 51, p3A
Opinion. Focuses on the creation of Governor Foster's Workforce Development Commission program which is destined to help businesses. The aims of this program; Information on other bills presented; Description of the bill implemented to assist the Louisiana Workers Compensation Corporation (LWWC).
- Stable Levels of Unemployment. // Latin America Monitor: Brazil Monitor;Aug2007, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p5
The article discusses the unemployment levels in Brazil. According to Brazilian statistical agency, IBGE, unemployment rate remained at 10.1% for the third quarter of 2007. The author notes that this level is showing gradual improvements considering that it is still high by regional standards....
- MARIONETTES OF GLOBALIZATION: A COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF LEGAL PROTECTION FOR CONTINGENT WORKERS IN THE INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY. Sukert, Aaron B. // Syracuse Journal of International Law & Commerce;Summer2000, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p431
Explores the application of legal protections enumerated in international labor documents in evaluation policies towards contingent workers in the U.S., Europe and Japan. Interrelationship between contingent labor and labor markets; Overview of the International Labour Organization's documents...
- Changes in State labor laws in 1972 . Weissbrodt, Sylvia // Monthly Labor Review;Jan73, Vol. 96 Issue 1, p27
Looks at changes in state labor laws in the United States in 1972. Legislative activity directed toward job-safety laws; Rhode Island Washington's expansion of their bargaining rights and procedures to health service employees; Innovative strike provisions under Alaska's Public Employment...