SOLVING THE CONSUMABLES PUZZLE
- BY THE NUMBERS. // Vision Monday;11/10/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p74
The article presents statistics on topics related to the U.S. optical industry, including the rate of photochromic lenses sold, the percentage of people who use some sort of vision correction and the percentage of contact lens wearers who wear their contacts solely to change or enhance their eye...
- ASK THE EXPERTS. KIM, GEORGE; SWALGEN, STEVE; SCHNEIDER, STEVE; PADDY, KEVIN; ALBRIGHT, STEVE; ATCHISON, KURT // LabTalk;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 39 Issue 23F, p24
The article provides answers to a question on the problem associated with edging super-hydrophobic lenses in the present time compared with in the past.
- DIARY DATES. // Optometry Today;12/18/2009, Vol. 49 Issue 24, p24
A 2010 calendar of events for the optical industry is presented including courses about contact lenses to be conducted at the J & J Vision Care Institute in Wokingham, Berkshire on February 1, 8, 15, 17, 24 and 25, a conference on "Dry Eye--differential diagnosis" at the Day Inn Conference...
- FDA Briefs. // Ophthalmology Times;9/15/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 18, p49
Reports developments on optical business as of September 2002. Approval of the corneal refractive therapy lens by the U.S. Federal Drug Administration; Introduction of the silicone hydrogel lens in the European market; Treatment of astigmatism.
- InDispensable Dispensing Products. // Ophthalmology Times;9/15/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 18, p50
Presents several optical products from various companies. Design of the Sferoflex Kids stainless steel eyeglasses from Luxottica Group company; Availability of the Solera High Performance Gray photochromic lenses from Invicta Corp.; Features of the Sandman frames from Costa Del Mar Sunglasses...
- THE MAGIC WORD... Nicola, Gloria // 20/20;Sep2013, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p24
An introduction to the periodical is presented in which the editor discusses the topics in the journal including selling tips and the hottest trends in a wide range of product categories, spectacle lens products and the varieties of colors in the optical industry.
- Luxe Life. // Home Textiles Today;3/22/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p14
A photograph is presented of luxury linens producer Sferra's team present at the textile show 2014 New York (NY) Now, including Steve Schneider, Susanne Martinez and Mark Reed.
- CRAZING. Kim, George // LabTalk;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 37 Issue 2G, p36
The article focuses on crazing in anti-reflective (AR) lenses. It says that having the correct lighting, inspection background and trained eyes is a key to detection and identification of crazing. According to the author, crazing can occur in an AR lens when there is enough stress to wane the...
- WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUTï¿½ SURVIVING THE DIGITAL AGE: ARE WE DINOSAURS YET? Peterson, Gary // LabTalk;Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 40 Issue 02E, p30
The article discusses the digital free-form lens designs, a new wave in the optical industry which can open up opportunities for advanced products that might replace the traditional designs. Europe has 50% of its laboratories already into free-form while only a small number is reported in the...