WEATHERING THE ECONOMIC STORM
- Wholesale Labs Take DIY Branding Approach. // Vision Monday;2/14/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p58
The article focuses on the efforts of wholesale optical laboratories to develop their own house brand of lenses in the U.S. in 2011. Interstate Optical expanded its anti-reflective (AR) house brand with the ARx High Performance, which combines oleophobic and hydrophobic properties. It was noted...
- WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT... PARTNERING WITH YOUR LENS SUPPLIER. Jara, Dominique // LabTalk;Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 42 Issue 2E, p30
The article examines the relationship between independent wholesale ophthalmic lense laboratories and eye care professionals (ECPs). It states that ECPs understand the needs and wants of their customers which is considered crucial in marketing. It adds that laboratories can collaborate with...
- Transitions Academy. // LabTalk;Mar/Apr2008, Vol. 36 Issue 159, p40
Several images from the Transitions Academy event for optical laboratories and lens manufacturers are presented.
- OLA, Vision Council explore teaming up. // Optometry Times;Dec2009, Vol. 1 Issue 9, p10
The article reveals that the discussions between the Optical Laboratories Association (OLA) and The Vision Council of Fairfax, Virginia is aimed at pooling their activities for the benefit of their members. The final proposal on the partnership will be presented to the members at the end of the...
- Toledo Optical Launches Free-form. // Vision Monday;2/14/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p68
The article reports on the introduction of a line of digital lens processing device in the laboratory of Toledo Optical in Ohio in 2011.
- Kirch seeking Premiere partner. Andrews, Sam; Rolfe, Pamela // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;3/5/2002, Vol. 372 Issue 22, p10
Reports the financial condition of Kirchgroup of Germany. Readiness of the company to give the management control of Premier pay television operation to equity investor; Options of finding an alternative long-term partner; Approval of the selling of the ten percent share of the company to the...
- WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUTï¿½ SURVIVING THE DIGITAL AGE: ARE WE DINOSAURS YET? Peterson, Gary // LabTalk;Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 40 Issue 02E, p30
The article discusses the digital free-form lens designs, a new wave in the optical industry which can open up opportunities for advanced products that might replace the traditional designs. Europe has 50% of its laboratories already into free-form while only a small number is reported in the...
- Tricks of the Trade. // LabTalk;May/Jun2008, Vol. 36 Issue 160, p28
The article offers advice to optical laboratories on ensuring the quality of lenses they produce. The three important areas of the process of checking procedures in an anti-reflective lens wholesale laboratory are given. It also emphasizes the significance of keeping an on-going logbook of...
- Robertson Optical's CozÄ“ Compensated Lenses Bring Personalization to Patients. // Vision Monday;12/17/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 14, p48
The article reports that Robertson Optical Laboratories has expanded its Coze line of lenses with the addition of the ADL and Wrap designs, which tailor the patient's frame and prescription.