Simulator lets students pilot variety of aircraft
- Essential Equipment: FTDs and Heliport Lighting. // Rotor & Wing;Apr2014, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p1
Expanding Bidders' List: With the market pickup up worldwide, there may be more helicopter simulator suppliers than you think. By Rick Adams Heliport and Portable Lighting
- News. // Professional Engineering;02/10/99, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p13
Features an instructor's seat for aircraft flight simulator manufacturer Thomson Training & Simulation.
- Flying Challenge Rolls Out at Sun 'n Fun. // AVweb;4/1/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 14b, p5
The article offers information regarding the Flying Challenge Cup, a simulator-based skill test of the flight simulators and training device manufacturer Redbird Flight Simulations in 2014. It states that the challenge will run until summer and will end in a live flyoff at the AirVenture in...
- Multipilot air-to-air combat evaluated in... Dornheim, A. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;11/30/87, Vol. 127 Issue 22, p64
Northrop's integrated systems simulation center is conducting piloted simulations daily to support several Northrop aircraft programs. The center was recently upgraded for multipilot missions and can engage 9 pilots at once with a high degree of realism while getting data on computer and...
- USAF controllers, F-15 pilots train for combat using multiship simulation. Kandebo, S.W. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;3/27/1989, Vol. 130 Issue 13, p71
Talks about new training classes for Air Force AWACS controllers, F-15 pilots, and ground controllers to sharpen their war-fighting skills conducted in electronically linked McDonnell Aircraft Co. simulator domes. Program goals and objectives; Simulator mission scenarios and focus; Problems;...
- New 737-300/200 simulator. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;9/15/86, Vol. 125 Issue 11, p44
Southwest Airlines has opened a new flight training center at Dallas Love Field. It features a new Boeing 737-300/200 convertible flight simulator. The $8 million simulator is made by Rediffusion Simulation, Ltd., of Great Britain. It is expected to gain FAA Phase 2 certification this week. ...
- British Aerospace installs Phase 2 Jetstream simulator near Dulles. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;2/19/90, Vol. 132 Issue 8, p80
Shows British Aerospace Inc.'s, new Jetstream 31 simulator recently installed at the BAe Training Center near Washington Dulles International Airport.
- CRM value demonstrated, but research lags behind glass cockpit technology. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;4/30/90, Vol. 132 Issue 18, p67
Discusses cockpit resource management (CRM) techniques developed by NASA and their demonstrated value, and NASA's inability to keep pace in the area due to a lack of updated flight simulators. Also talks about NASA-Ames Research Center, where much CRM research has been performed.
- VISTA F-16 to replace aging NT-33A variable stability simulator in 1992. Kandebo, S.W. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;9/24/1990, Vol. 133 Issue 13, p56
Describes the variable stability in-flight simulator test aircraft (VISTA) being developed by the Air Force as a replacement for the current NT-33A. Service introduction of the VISTA is planned for 1992. F-16 configuration; Modifications; Equipment and operation.