The Future of Healthcare Delivery: Computer-Assisted Diagnosis, Computer-Assisted Medicine
- Medicare Reform Plan Fails to Pass; Part A Estimated Solvency Outlook Improves. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);May99, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p9
Presents news briefs related to Medicare reform in the United States as of May 1999. Announcement of the National Bipartisan Commission on the Future of Medicare regarding Medicare reform; Estimate of the Board of Trustees for Medicare on the solvency of the Medicare Hospital Insurance Trust Fund.
- Finding and Excercising Your Voice. McNally, Kimberly // Trustee;Jan2012, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p4
The article encourages trustees and commissioners of U.S. health care providers to help their legislators in Washington D.C. to understand the challenges the hospitals face as they strive to continue deliver their services. It warns that Medicare providers face reductions in payment as a result...
- Nothing they don't know. DoBias, Matthew // Modern Healthcare;3/31/2008, Vol. 38 Issue 13, p10
The article discusses the Medicare trustees' report that was released in the U.S. in March 2008. The trustees say that it appears that the government is unwilling or unable to do anything to put Medicare on solid footing, putting at risk hospitals' and doctors' ability to provide care, and...
- 1999 trustees of the year. // Modern Healthcare;01/18/99, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p26
Profiles the winners of the 1999 Modern Healthcare Trustee of the Year awards in the United States. Lois Barrett; Leonard Aubrey; List of judges for the awards.
- Supplementary Medical Insurance Trust Fund (Medicare), 1975-2002. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2004, p742
Presents a chart on the Supplementary Medical Insurance Trust Fund (Medicare), 1975-2002, a U.S. social security trust fund. Income and disbursements.
- Me Too? // National Review;5/16/1994, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p14
The article comments on a health-care proposal of the administration of U.S. President Bill Clinton. The proposal represents the greatest growth in federal power since the Great Society. But it has failed to make the necessary follow-up case: that the U.S. private health-care system is basically...
- When we forget to listen, We're not likely to be heard. Barry, Dennis // AHA News;4/7/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p4
Provides information on a retreat attended by the American Hospital Association Board of Trustees. Outcome of the group discussion led by each trustee; Topic of the group discussion; Concerns on health care aired by the consumers.
- THE COMMITTEE ON GOVERANCE CORNER. West, Patricia // Trustee;Mar2002, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p4
Focuses on the role of Committee on Governance in regulating the policy priorities of trustees and other community leaders in the U.S. Responsibilities of the COG for the health care system; Increase of trustee contributions to the American Hospital Association; Organization of the Patient...
- Wanted: Your Expertise. McNally, Kimberly // Trustee;Jan2013, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p27
The article discusses the opportunities that can be obtained from being a member of the American Hospital Association's (AHA) Board of Trustees. The main trustee involvement group of AHA is the Committee on Governance which plays a key role in providing recommendations regarding trustee...