BLACK IDENTITIES AND FAITH ADHERENCE: SOCIAL POLICY AND PENAL SUBSTITUTION IN THE EPOCH OF THE SS EMPIRE WINDRUSH
- Black Theology and Black Liberation: A Womanist Perspective. Coleman, Kate // Black Theology in Britain: A Journal of Contextual Praxis;Oct1998, Issue 1, p1
Offers a women's perspective of a Christian experience of Black liberation and Black theology. How women and black people were viewed in the church; Details of the crisis of invisibility; Definition of womanist theology; Factors that affect Black British women.
- NOT JUST SEEING, BUT REALLY SEEING: A PRACTICAL BLACK LIBERATIONIST SPIRITUALITY FOR RE-INTERPRETING REALITY. Reddie, Anthony G. // Black Theology: An International Journal;Nov2009, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p339
One of the biggest challenges that confront Black people living in the UK is how to assess the veracity of the macro and micro contexts in which our lives are lived. In a country whose indices for what constitutes normality and acceptability are predicated on notions of "Whiteness," Black people...
- Notes for Contributors. // Black Theology: An International Journal;Jul2006, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p249
This article presents instructions to contributors of "Black Theology: An International Journal."
- COLOUR, NATION, ETHNIC HATE...Why racism? // UNESCO Courier;Sep2001, Vol. 54 Issue 9, p16
Stresses the need to give importance to people who are still victims of racial discrimination. Death of institutional racism; Relation of discrimination with religious traditions; Relation of discrimination with cultural differences.
- Editorial. Wootton, Janet // Feminist Theology: The Journal of the Britain & Ireland School o;Sep2003, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p5
Introduces a series of articles which reflect the same disjunction between the principles and expectations of feminist theology and reality experienced by people in daily living.
- Feminist Theology Now. Rafferty, Agnes // Feminist Theology: The Journal of the Britain & Ireland School o;May2012, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p190
In light of the development of Feminist Theology that has presented an expanded view of some of its foundational concerns including the concept of �woman� and �experience� this article considers the relevance of Feminist Theology at the present time. Feminist Theology is placed both...
- THE INFLUENCE OF SOCIALISM IN BLACK AND WOMANIST THEOLOGIES: CAPITALISM'S RELATIONSHIP AS SOURCE, SIN, AND SALVATION. Murphy, Timothy Charles // Black Theology: An International Journal;Apr2012, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p28
This article examines the role of Black and womanist theologies as critiques of capitalism. Arguing that capitalism is the economic structural context for Black people's experiences of subordination, I examine how engagement with capitalism interacts with categories of theological sources,...
- A SIN OF BLACK THEOLOGY: THE OMISSION OF THE CARIBBEAN DIASPORAN EXPERIENCE FROM BLACK THEOLOGICAL DISCOURSE. Reid-Salmon, Delroy A. // Black Theology: An International Journal;May2008, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p154
This essay offers a Caribbean Diasporan critique of Black theology. Adapted from a PhD thesis, this essay traces the omission of Caribbean Diasporan experience from Black theology as it is constructed within the Black Atlantic theological tradition. I argue that the Caribbean Diasporan...
- The Closed Door Policy. Robbins, Kenneth // Southern Quarterly;Spring1996, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p66
Analyzes the issue of racism in the book 'The City of Churches.' Accounts of racism and disparity in religion during the 1960s; Discussion on racism in the U.S.