EXTENDING THE TRADITION OF GIVING THANKS: RECOGNIZING THE HEALTH BENEFITS OF GRATITUDE
- The Power Of Gratitude. Mistry, Mita // Eastern Eye;9/18/2015, Issue 1320, p33
The article offers the author's insights on gratitude and its positive impact on life of practicing gratitude daily such as improving alertness, optimism, and determination.
- Gift of Gratitude: Counting Our Bless- ings and Appreciating the Kindness of Others. Dhiman, Satinder // Business Renaissance Quarterly;Winter2010, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p29
This reflective piece reviews the sense of gratitude, starting out with some seasoned and some current definitions, after which the author considers the critical question: "why be grateful"? This is explained through a contemplation on the interconnectedness of everything and the numerous...
- A Healthy Serving of Gratitude. FINDLEY, RYAN // Leadership for Student Activities;May2014, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p22
The article offers the author's view on gratitude as well as its impact on health. He mentions a research in sociology and psychology indicating the less expression of appreciation and its effect on wellness. He also notes the academic studies from psychology professors Robert Emmons and Michael...
- Gratitude Experiment. Vermeeren, Doug // Personal Excellence Essentials;Sep2013, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p25
The article discusses the three areas in life that undergoes transformation with gratitude. The author explains that through gratitude, one can help overcome any problem or hardship, as it gives perspective on what is important, what one truly values, and what is front of a person. According to...
- Bend without breaking. Huling, Jim // Smart Business Atlanta;Jul2009, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p6
The article provides insights on how to succeed. The author advises one to master every new aspect of the job immediately, focus on the changes and master it to boost the performance and confidence level. He adds that one should transform their thoughts from pressure to gratitude because it will...
- The Greatest Gifts. Quistgaard, Kaitlin // Yoga Journal;Dec2008, Issue 216, p14
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on the health benefits of practicing gratitude, one by Kate Holcombe on gratitude meditation, and another on "generosity reflection."
- Stay Positive With These Techniques. // Successful Supervisor;Jun2009, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p5
The article offers tips on how to think and to stay optimistic including eliminating negative thoughts, counting your graces and blessings and having a quiet time.
- Only my dreams. Miller, Carol // Garden Center Magazine;Mar2009, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p6
The article discusses the author's opinions about being an optimistic person.
- STOP STRESSING RIGHT meow. KAM, DANIELLE; MCNALLY, DANIELLE // Cosmopolitan;Mar2016, Vol. 260 Issue 3, p116
The article focuses on ways to develop optimism such as thinking positively, achieving the ambitions in life, and increasing the size of own social network.